PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Five Quick Thoughts After the Patriots Win Over The Steelers

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Five Quick Thoughts After the Patriots Win Over The Steelers
Ian Logue
Unlike last season, one thing that's been noticeable is the fact New England Patriots quarterback Mac Jones doesn't seem quite as confident or as ****y as he was at the beginning of his rookie year.

The post Five Quick Thoughts After the Patriots Win Over The Steelers appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

To paraphrase The Beach Boys, wouldn't it be nice if we had an OC, then our whole offense would have more fun...

The best thing I can say about Mac is that he didn't suck as much as the Squealers' QB did.

Terrific want-to & catch by Agholor, who I'm glad to see didn't show any ill-effects from the fairly blatant but un-called head-shot last week that caused his incompletion / non-fumble late in the 4th quarter, the ****ing idiot zebras...

To paraphrase again, this time the late Dennis Green: Devante Parker is who I thought he was. Hey "braintrust", get this ****ing slow, ****ing lazy, ****ing punk-ass b!tch THE **** OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD RIGHT ****ING NOW. #FREEKENDRICK

Gotta give credit where it's due: the defense played pretty well yesterday, including my ol' buddy Jalopy Tavai (at least on one play anyway) when he blew up the RB in protection and sacked Trubisky who, while I don't blame him for that one, did stupidly take 2 other sacks during the 2nd quarter... The defense vs the run has been fairly stout during the first two games as well...

But for the love of Ganja, get Myles of Space Bryant THE **** OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD TOO!

To paraphrase The Beach Boys, wouldn't it be nice if we had an OC, then our whole offense would have more fun...
I thought the play calling was ok. I don't recall at any point where a call was a bad one. Yes Mac made some bad decisions but that's on him. I think I even remember a couple more 1st down passes that was more then usual.
The best thing I can say about Mac is that he didn't suck as much as the Squealers' QB did.
On a scale from one to ten I think Mac was a 5 against the Steelers and a 3 against the Dolphins. He's improving.
Terrific want-to & catch by Agholor, who I'm glad to see didn't show any ill-effects from the fairly blatant but un-called head-shot last week that caused his incompletion / non-fumble late in the 4th quarter, the ****ing idiot zebras...
I'm surprised at how well he is playing...keep on keepin' on
To paraphrase again, this time the late Dennis Green: Devante Parker is who I thought he was. Hey "braintrust", get this ****ing slow, ****ing lazy, ****ing punk-ass b!tch THE **** OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD RIGHT ****ING NOW. #FREEKENDRICK
They should be throwing 20-30 yards to him....not deep. I could blame this on the coaches.
Gotta give credit where it's due: the defense played pretty well yesterday, including my ol' buddy Jalopy Tavai (at least on one play anyway) when he blew up the RB in protection and sacked Trubisky who, while I don't blame him for that one, did stupidly take 2 other sacks during the 2nd quarter... The defense vs the run has been fairly stout during the first two games as well...
I'm starting to think Tavai can actually play well in the system. His ceiling might be a poor-mans Hightower. Let's see how he does this season.
But for the love of Ganja, get Myles of Space Bryant THE **** OFF THE FOOTBALL FIELD TOO!
Get Myles outta here. M. Jones should be taking all his snaps.

I thought the play calling was ok. I don't recall at any point where a call was a bad one. Yes Mac made some bad decisions but that's on him. I think I even remember a couple more 1st down passes that was more then usual.
I thought the 3rd-down & short-yardage play-calling was especially Gutless.

On a scale from one to ten I think Mac was a 5 against the Steelers and a 3 against the Dolphins. He's improving.
4, tops... And his technique is deteriorating with McD & Hardegree no longer there to correct him.

They should be throwing 20-30 yards to him....not deep. I could blame this on the coaches.
True, but they shouldn't be throwing to him at all, because he should be Permanently riding the bench except in 1-0 personnel packages... Dorothy offers Less Than Zero to this offense.

Get Myles outta here. M. Jones should be taking all his snaps.

Completely agree... Space is the defensive's version of Dorothy.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back