PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels
Mark Morse
Both games are in the books and we have learned about several players we have not seen play. The practices leading up to the games were more important than the game itself.

The post Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels
Mark Morse
Both games are in the books and we have learned about several players we have not seen play. The practices leading up to the games were more important than the game itself.

The post Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
I see Darnell Wright mentioned as a quality tackle but my recall of his performance was two whiffs where the edge rusher just ran by him.

The WRs Wicks & Reed would be nice options to have beginning on day 3.

The TEs Latu & Durham are different types of players, but it's Durham who brings the blocking we lack at the position, and he should be available later on day 3.

If Bill, BOB & Yo Adrian all believe that Darnell Wright can stay at LT in the NFL, then he would have to be given serious consideration at #46 if a LT wasn't taken with our first pick; same with Ohio State's Dawand Jones... Cody Mauch, on the other hand, is no longer a consideration of mine at LT.

CB Darius Rush looks like a day 3 riser; and my concern with Kyu Blu Kelly is his fit on the boundary where our greatest need at CB lies...

Benton (NT), McDonald (ED) & Henley (LB) would all be worthy considerations late-day 2/early-day 3, if they're even available by then... We have openings at all 3 positions too.

Still can't justify taking Tank Dell before day 3 at the earliest... A similar player, Memphis State's Calvin Austin, was taken last year by PIT at 138.

An East-West game dominated by Safeties & Special Teamers... Billy & his slappies must've been creaming themselves...

Cole Strange was not as bad as we thought

- But he STILL should NEVER have been the 29th Overall Pick of the Entire Damn Draft

Agree with cutting Trent Brown, however.

The WRs Wicks & Reed would be nice options to have beginning on day 3.

The TEs Latu & Durham are different types of players, but it's Durham who brings the blocking we lack at the position, and he should be available later on day 3.

If Bill, BOB & Yo Adrian all believe that Darnell Wright can stay at LT in the NFL, then he would have to be given serious consideration at #46 if a LT wasn't taken with our first pick; same with Ohio State's Dawand Jones... Cody Mauch, on the other hand, is no longer a consideration of mine at LT.

CB Darius Rush looks like a day 3 riser; and my concern with Kyu Blu Kelly is his fit on the boundary where our greatest need at CB lies...

Benton (NT), McDonald (ED) & Henley (LB) would all be worthy considerations late-day 2/early-day 3, if they're even available by then... We have openings at all 3 positions too.

Still can't justify taking Tank Dell before day 3 at the earliest... A similar player, Memphis State's Calvin Austin, was taken last year by PIT at 138.

An East-West game dominated by Safeties & Special Teamers... Billy & his slappies must've been creaming themselves...

Cole Strange was not as bad as we thought

- But he STILL should NEVER have been the 29th Overall Pick of the Entire Damn Draft

Agree with cutting Trent Brown, however.
Agree with the Strange quotes from both of ya. Don’t think he was as bad as we thought. Still should not have been the pick. If he was drafted in the 2nd or 3rd I think our outlook would not have been so bad. Our judgement is clouded a bit due to where he was drafted and what you expect from a player drafted there. Not saying he was/will be an all star. But I do think he’s a key to the success of our OL, and think he will be fine in the end.

Edit: I shouldn’t speak for everyone, my judgement was clouded, I know that.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back