PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEST: Curran on Sullivan/Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Of the two players, according to Curran, Bethel has the better chance of turning his carrer around.

****erson was reading an article from a NO paper that said that Sullivan was "sucking wind" this week at mini camp. According to the article, the new NO coach wanted Sullivan out of there.

Let's hope that this is a wake up call for this guy. Although he has already made $11mil in the NFL so far. Maybe he likes eating more than he likes playing.

IBWT, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
****erson was reading an article from a NO paper that said that Sullivan was "sucking wind" this week at mini camp.
And Curran said "that was just going through the buffet line" :)

Very funny, but I trust Belioli more than those guys on this. I will also be interested in what Felger says, he's coming on the late edition of NEST.

We got a new backup nose tackle....

....let's just hope that his apparent bad conditioning is because of hot weather...maybe a "cold snap" of Foxborough in December will help him breathe....oh god please don't let Wilfork get hurt....

First thing you do as a new coach is make an example of someone - Sullivan was the guy and looks like the coach felt the "lesson" learned of getting rid of him was worth the salary cap accelleration.

I'd all but given up on BJ anyway so I look at this as a no net loss if we wind up cutting Sullivan too.

Did I hear correctly when Felger ,Tomase, and ****erson were talking on the late edition. They said that Sullivan was up to 385 pounds?

No wonder he was sucking for air.

PATSNUTme said:
Did I hear correctly when Felger ,Tomase, and ****erson were talking on the late edition. They said that Sullivan was up to 385 pounds?
They said that but I'm almost certain they were joking. Sullivan is actually down in weight from last year (but still struggling with conditioning).

Behtel Johnson, playing mostly on turf, is probably going to be one of the NFC's top KOR guys. I don't think he'll give them anything more than that. But that might be more than Sullivan will ever give the Pats. I'd say there's a 50-50 chance that Sullivan doesn't make it onto the 53-man roster.

I'll repeat my comment on Sullivan from another thread - he manhandled Mankins in the NO game like nobody else did all season. If a change of scenery and an escape from Haslett Heaven gives him a new perspective, this guy could take Vince's job. If not, pennies in the fountain.

Box_O_Rocks said:
If a change of scenery and an escape from Haslett Heaven gives him a new perspective, this guy could take Vince's job.
I think that's the strongest statement I have ever read on this board. Don't hold back, now, Box.

BelichickFan said:
I think that's the strongest statement I have ever read on this board. Don't hold back, now, Box.
Gently now laddy, BB and the boys saw this mountain twice last year and I remember researching him after the regular season game because of the working over he gave Mankins. There is a lot of potential there to realize, the downside is he rides the pine, the upside is Vince is fighting for his job - I can live with that kind of D-line.

Think about the team he's coming from - until Fauria kicked Will Allen's knee (according to Ochmed, I missed it) and got him fired up, Fauria was kicking the assets of a pretty talented DE. That was how lame that team was. Given the talent and change of team leadership, I'll think about the upside and let BB make the cuts in September.

Wilfork was an unstoppable beast the second half of the season. I don't think his job is in question. Sullivan will be used in another way I'm sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes