PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NE@BUF post-game (over)reaction thread

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'll kick off with one bit of sanity. . . .

The Pats are built for November and beyond.

Since BB took over the team, they're actually third in games won over the first half of the season (68-36; the Giants and Indianapolis are both 71-33).

In the second half of the season, though, they're first by a wide margin: 83-21, with Green Bay second at 70-34(!).

kenbrell thomas is real freaking good, but he had to deal with being held by his defenders all game, brady throwing fastballs, and rookie nerves..

Won a division road game. Played good D, ran the ball well, threw for close to 300 yards. Won a division road game.

kenbrell thomas is real freaking good, but he had to deal with being held by his defenders all game, brady throwing fastballs, and rookie nerves..

...and not getting his feet inbounds and not breaking hard to the ball in the end zone and...

Brady to rookies vs. Brady to veterans

Brady to rookies vs. Brady to veterans

The rookies did not rise to the occasion in week 1, specifically Thompkins who was no longer the player we saw in the preseason that was juking defenders out of their cleats, creating separation and catching every ball thrown his direction.

Brady to rookies: 4/17 for a 23.52% completion rate, 42 yards, 0 touchdowns and 1 interception.

Brady to veterans: 25/35 for a 71.42% completion rate, 246 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

The rookies need to put in the work, we need Dobson on the field, and Sudfeld and Thompkins need to be the players that merited the roster spot they hold over the veterans we released. I felt badly for Brady at points in this game, especially when I think of a guy like Manning and what he takes the field with on game day, we have the greatest QB to ever play the game, him having targets should be are #1 priority.

I thought that was fun for some strange reason. Mr. Gronk returning will make a huge difference.

Amendola and Edelman were great.

I wish I wasn't scared of a fumble every time a running back touches the ball.

Won a division road game. Played good D, ran the ball well, threw for close to 300 yards. Won a division road game.

A win by one point counts just as much as a win by 50...:cool:

Replace Amendola with Welker, and that game is a L.

Good learning opportunities for lots of players. Lots to learn. I learned Ammendola is a warrior. If he's made of glass my the rest of our team also be forged in such glass. TFB.

As a Pats fan, you have to be happy with the way the D played. The O was a work in progress, it is what it is.

Just need the O to get it together by American thanksgiving.

The lack of PI called on Buffalo today was unreal. Thompkins was grabbed all day long.

It wasn't a pretty win, but we can go up. I do worry about the lack of hits on the other teams QB, and can Vereen/Blount/Bolden be our RB's if Ridley spends any amount of time in the dog house?

I thought that was fun for some strange reason. Mr. Gronk returning will make a huge difference.

Amendola and Edelman were great.

I wish I wasn't scared of a fumble every time a running back touches the ball.

Agree with everything above. The Ridler should not start the game against the jets

Re: Brady to rookies vs. Brady to veterans

I agree! It was sad at times how KT looked so lost at times like that 3rd and goal sack.

An unimpressive road win is still a win

Ridley has issues, but Vereen is already more than woodhead has ever been

This was a another very bizarre bills game.

kyle was the best play maker on defense today :rolleyes:

Was there one PI or defensive holding called all day?

Thompkins obviously had a very rough game. But he'll get better. It's not a sprint. The reps will help.

I really want to see Dobson next week though. We need another WR threat.

I said this yesterday that i would happy with a 17-10 win and iam happy with a 21-20 win. When was the last time in last few yrs won this way?. Lot of mistakes but managed to win. D held them to 20 but personally i expect more pressure from them .A better offense will give them a lot of trouble and the bills made quite a few mistakes. Their 3rd down D was good but would expect a more aggressive defense. Really expected them to be much better in the 2nd yr with all the returning rookies but dont know how much improved they are after this game.
Amendola gutted it out,probably took injections but need to see at what cost to his future health if he has to miss any games. The reaction when he got hurt in the game thread i felt was drastic. It wasn't his fault he pulled his groin again.Happens.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back