PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NaPolian files complaint over mascots [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another Polian complaint...???

Our mascots are armed. Don't **** with them.

76429312.jpg

LMAO (10 char)

“Because of the antics of Jaguars mascot Jaxson de Ville, a rule was instituted that all NFL mascots must stay behind the six-foot white border around the field at all times during games.”

Perhaps Polian was dreaming it?

rozerem_3.jpg

Co-worker sent me this...is this for real or just a joke?? Anybody hear about this?

Jaxson spent a little too much time on the field for Colts President Bill Polian’s tastes during the Monday night game on Oct. 22. Polian filed a complaint with the league.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=66340

File this in the "people who live in glass houses category". I posted a thread after the Pats-Colts game noting how the Colts mascot was under the crossbar trying to distract Gostkowski whenever he was kicking extra points in obvious violation of the rules...........Watch the video the next time it's on NFLN..........

Just as an aside, I love the Jacksonville mascot! He was definitely on the field last year when the Pats played them, and for some reason both my daughter and I were looking at him instead of at the kick and he made the "no good" sign and my daughter and I were bummed until we realized the kick had actually been good, for some reason that just cracked us up. !

They pulled the Colts radio call of AV's miss on Sunday night off youtube.com. " It's up, it's good and the Colts...no wait, it was no good".......... Now that was funny.......

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=66340

File this in the "people who live in glass houses category". I posted a thread after the Pats-Colts game noting how the Colts mascot was under the crossbar trying to distract Gostkowski whenever he was kicking extra points in obvious violation of the rules...........Watch the video the next time it's on NFLN..........

Glad to know that my memory is not that terrible! Yes, I mentioned seeing that kind of a post in the previous page. Thanks for the link.

Re: Another Polian complaint......???

They got a new kicker (our old kicker.) Fat lot of good it's done them.

But at least Adam Vinatieri only sees furry mascots that are really there.

PFnV

Seriously: is this rule for real??

If yes, how aggravating is this when compared to the NBA guys about to shoot freethrows in the opponent's court?

Seriously: is this rule for real??

If yes, how aggravating is this when compared to the NBA guys about to shoot freethrows in the opponent's court?

I've always been amused by the fact that a field goal kicker can kick it with 60,000 screaming fans and a player can hit a clutch free throw ( especially in college) with people screaming and waving things yet a golfer or tennis player needs complete silence........
At what point as PFT points out, does the league punish or reprimand Polian for criticizing officials.????

Ya know, a lot of time we (as fans) exaggerate claims regarding things because of our biases. But this ain't being like, anti-Colts or anything... Polian really is the biggest whiner and crybaby in all of sports.

I've always been amused by the fact that a field goal kicker can kick it with 60,000 screaming fans and a player can hit a clutch free throw ( especially in college) with people screaming and waving things yet a golfer or tennis player needs complete silence........
At what point as PFT points out, does the league punish or reprimand Polian for criticizing officials.????

Bill Polian thought the officials did a good job in the Colts/Pats game :D

NaPolian files complaint over mascots

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2007/11/18/chargers_in_need_of_a_jolt/?page=full

"Polian's focus is telling
Colts president Bill Polian has shown an uncanny knack for identifying talent, but he's focusing on more than just players these days. He has his eye on mascots as well. A reporter in the press box during the Colts game at Jacksonville last month noted that Polian approached the league's official observer in the front row and said he felt the Jaguars' team mascot - the aptly named Jaxson de Ville - was too close to the field. The league apparently agreed, as NFL officials recently reminded teams that mascots must stay at least 6 feet behind the sideline. No word on whether the mascots have filed an appeal."

I am so glad this guy is in the league. Colt fans should be very proud. :rolleyes:

Re: NaPolian's watching everything.

Was Polian the kid in the neighborhood who nobody would play with and who got beat up on a regular basis?

Was Polian the kid in the neighborhood who nobody would play with and who got beat up on a regular basis?

I believe he was the kid in middle school who got stuffed in his locker after math class.

I noticed on an official Colts site that it has Polian holding the SB trophy,with Manning and Dungy in the back ground. Polians image was twice the size of the other two (Manning and Dungy) who were Directly involved in winning it. It was a very telling picture. It spoke volumes about Napolians ego.

Funny...wasn't it the Colt's mascot that was around the goal posts on one of the Pats kicks?? Hmmmmm....

Hasn't this been discussed in other threads earlier this week??

I bet Polian wishes he had a few pairs of these when he was a kid. The NFL would be better off today if he did. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft