PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Theory- Pats Trade for Lions WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This idea is buried in another thread but I wanted to throw it out to everyone-

My theory- the Lions signed Corey Bradford because they plan to trade one of their three first round WR's - mike Williams, Roy Williams, or Charles Rogers and now that the Pats have officially lost Givens and Holley thinks something is going down in Foxboro, I put forth the idea that the Pats are readying to trade with the Lions for one of these three. What do you think?

Belichick supposedly loved Roy Williams coming out of school but Rogers is likely the one to go. He seems to immature for Belichick to want.

I'm going WAY OVER THE TOP and say the Patriots trade for

RAY LEWIS

In regards to WR's the Patriots are waiting for Eric Moulds to get cut.

I hope to hell that's not their plan. Short of Roy Williams, the Lions have the most underachieving group of WRs in the NFL.

Lions wr's = Injury Prone

Willie McGinest gone to FA which leaves no OLB to to start and there is no way the Patriots start a rookie DE as an OLB in that complex defense so with all that said I can only see them bringing in a veteran LB to add to the mix. Lewis has a lot of experience in the 3-4 also so there is no "transition". He also has wanted out of Baltimore since last season and early on the Ravens were entertaining the idea of unloading him for at least a round 2 pick.

Remember the Corey Dillon trade?

Vrabel can go back outside where he can do damage and with Colvin back in full form..................pfffffff.

Last edited:
I just started a new thread tossing out the possibility of Nate Burleson. If we can get Moulds without giving up a draft pick, that would be my preference. But if Buffalo goes trade route, I doubt he ends up in the AFC East.

Buffalo will get NOTHING for Moulds, why? He wants out or he wants to keep his money but I really think he wants out. No way the Bills will pay him 8 million this upcoming season and he WILL NOT take a pay cut. Moulds will be released.

Moulds has them by the balls.

BelichickFan said:
Belichick supposedly loved Roy Williams coming out of school but Rogers is likely the one to go. He seems to immature for Belichick to want.
Agree that if Detroit trades a WR it would be Rogers. I seriously doubt either of the two Williams go anywhere. Last year we traded a 5th for Andre Davis. If that was the same price for Charles Rogers I think BB would make that trade in a heartbeat. Rogers has all the talent in the world and is exactly what we are looking for, a big fast playmaker. Injury prone? Yes, but you would have to think the guy catches a break sooner or later.

I'm not so sure, Mr Tibbs... the WR market being what it is (or isn't!) and the WR draft class being one of the worst in recent memory, I think someone might be willing to spend a mid/late pick on him, someone who can step in and help right away.

huskeralk said:
I hope to hell that's not their plan. Short of Roy Williams, the Lions have the most underachieving group of WRs in the NFL.
Maybe it has something to do with Joey Tinkerbell at QB. That's not fair, I don't know why Harrington has disappointed for a third overall pick in the draft.

28222 said:
I'm not so sure, Mr Tibbs... the WR market being what it is (or isn't!) and the WR draft class being one of the worst in recent memory, I think someone might be willing to spend a mid/late pick on him, someone who can step in and help right away.

With that said it makes you wonder what the Patriots are going to do. There aren't a lot of options for WR at all. There is no doubt the Patriots will trade some of those picks. It's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think when Keyshawn gets released by Dallas - when the sign T.O. - he'll land in N.E.

patsox23 said:
I think when Keyshawn gets released by Dallas - when the sign T.O. - he'll land in N.E.

I don't know if he could shutup long enough to make it through the season. I'm sure him and BB would have a couple of talks.

Last edited:
Please no Keyshawn......he s*x big time. Isn't he the only WR in history to have like over 100 catches in a season and no TD's or something like that?

nickw308810 said:
Agree that if Detroit trades a WR it would be Rogers. I seriously doubt either of the two Williams go anywhere. Last year we traded a 5th for Andre Davis. If that was the same price for Charles Rogers I think BB would make that trade in a heartbeat. Rogers has all the talent in the world and is exactly what we are looking for, a big fast playmaker. Injury prone? Yes, but you would have to think the guy catches a break sooner or later.

First.. Catch a break?? Keep that phrase away from Charles Rogers, he begs you!
Second.. The only Lions WR worth a damn is Roy Williams, if we got Rogers I'd expect him to get IRed before Week 1. If he gets injured all the time in Detroit, imagine how he'd fare here with how these guys practice! Forget it!

MrTibbs said:
I'm going WAY OVER THE TOP and say the Patriots trade for

RAY LEWIS

Ray Lewis? He's yesterday's news. Maybe 5 years ago, yes, but not now.

Last edited:
I think Keyshawn would thrive big time as a #2 or even a #3 receiver.​
He's had his glory days and publicity days...a ring with the Patriots is all good.​
:beersign:​

Last edited:
Mr. Tibbs......funny, I was thinking the same thing today ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case