PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My prediction for Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will have to explain what you are referring to with a ball watcher, I don't get the reference.
Denvers offense is awful. When the Patriots jump out to a big lead, and they become one dimensional, they will be pathetic.

The ball watcher

20120103-mccourty.jpg

EwswT.St.56.jpg

devin-mccourty-smoked-by-steviejpg-56b7cb8587794e52.jpg

g12c0000000000000005134f402b83de1b1586e4259e924d84009f0a33a.jpg

last but not least
images

In all honesty why did 32 regress like that this year? Any ideas?

In all honesty why did 32 regress like that this year? Any ideas?

I have watched and rewatched every game, and i have paid special attention to McCourty.
He has digressed in one technique/responsibility.
Last season he had a number of Ints from the position of trailing the deep WR. He drew those throws, and almost every time broke them up or picked them. That is 100% an issue of recovery speed. They wouldn't throw it if the WR didnt seem open.
This year those plays have resulted in completions, with Mccourty being 1-2 steps short of making a play on the ball.
Now, I am not downplaying the difference between 6-8 plays where you allow a long completion vs 6-8 picks or breakups, but aside from that technique, pattern and responsiblity his play has been remarkably similar to last season.
If you want to kill the guy for 6-8 plays over the course of a season, be my guest, but I would take the approach that 98% of what he has done has been just like his probowl rookie season, and he has an issue to correct. I do not know what mechanics have slipped, whether injuries affect it, whether he had a lazy offseason and never got in tiptop shape, or what it is, but I'm pretty confident a top all around corner who developed one flaw can correct it in time.

I have watched and rewatched every game, and i have paid special attention to McCourty.
He has digressed in one technique/responsibility.
Last season he had a number of Ints from the position of trailing the deep WR. He drew those throws, and almost every time broke them up or picked them. That is 100% an issue of recovery speed. They wouldn't throw it if the WR didnt seem open.
This year those plays have resulted in completions, with Mccourty being 1-2 steps short of making a play on the ball.
Now, I am not downplaying the difference between 6-8 plays where you allow a long completion vs 6-8 picks or breakups, but aside from that technique, pattern and responsiblity his play has been remarkably similar to last season.
If you want to kill the guy for 6-8 plays over the course of a season, be my guest, but I would take the approach that 98% of what he has done has been just like his probowl rookie season, and he has an issue to correct. I do not know what mechanics have slipped, whether injuries affect it, whether he had a lazy offseason and never got in tiptop shape, or what it is, but I'm pretty confident a top all around corner who developed one flaw can correct it in time.

He's suppose to be a captain on defense.

His reaction speed is horrible this year, i can easily see him get beat like ike taylor did last week.

I think the two biggest reasons why he is not doing very well this year is less safety help and the nagging shoulder injury. I think he'll do just fine in the playoffs. With chung healthy and an extra week to get it together expect big things from him!

In the game against Pittsburgh, he threw for 316 yards, and a lot of people believed it had biblical meaning, so I'm giving them my prediction which has a biblical meaning as well! ;)

I am going to guess Corinthians 12:7, "A Thorn in the Flesh". Muahaha.

"Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to [a]torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!"

Last edited:

His reaction speed is horrible this year, i can easily see him get beat like ike taylor did last week.

What does being a captain have to do with this discussion?
Thankfully you 'seeing' him get beaten means nothing. I'll stick with what happens on the field instead of what you 'see'.

Thankfully you 'seeing' him get beaten means nothing. I'll stick with what happens on the field instead of what you 'see'.

Proverbs 1:27
when your fear comes like a storm, and your calamity comes like a whirlwind; when trouble and straits come upon you.

Okay man.

I want the pats to crush the broncos too, just don't be surprised if ball after ball is caught by Demaryius Thomas.

Okay man.

I want the pats to crush the broncos too, just don't be surprised if ball after ball is caught by Demaryius Thomas.

Don't be surprised if not.

I am going to guess Corinthians 12:7, "A Thorn in the Flesh". Muahaha.

"Because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to [a]torment me—to keep me from exalting myself!"

Proverbs 1:27
when your fear comes like a storm, and your calamity comes like a whirlwind; when trouble and straits come upon you.

Close.. it's actually from the same book as the 3:16 quote; the book of John, 1:27

"He is the one who comes after me, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie."

LOL what if the 25 mph winds make tebow's passes more accurate?

This would be the funniest thing i have ever witnessed as a sports fan.

Last edited:
Coolguy, come back and post, win or lose.

wtf i post here all the time.

I'm a pats fan, but i'm not a fan of the defense.

I don't think many posters are convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents