My Pats Rally Experience (Photos/Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I brought a sign to the rally yesterday. (here's the pic I took at home). I'm hoping you guys pick up on the "Duck Hunt" theme going back to the late 80's/early 90's classic NES video game.

DSC_0768resize.jpg

And it was cool how it made NBC's news coverage in their recap of the event.

SB Signresize.jpg

I'm sure many of you watched the TV broadcast, but if you haven't here's some video I took......

I wanted to get a good spot so I got to the stadium at 4:15 in the morning (in hindsight that does seem a little crazy). There were already about 8 people there waiting. Most who waited came alone like me (I imagine they were in the same situation in which we didn't have friends and family willing to wait.) There were a bunch of news crews stationed there that kept it entertaining. In fact, someone from channel 6 Providence asked to do a live interview with her to talk about my sign........which I did (not sure if any Providence fans saw that). The 'live' aspect of the interview had me a bit nervous, I don't think I humiliated myself (so a 'win' there). Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it online (oh well).

I learned the hard way last year to bring a pepsi since there is a special Pepsi section in which the first 100 people who brought a pepsi got to go to this section. Although I will say I was disappointed by the location of this year's pepsi section. Last year the pepsi section really was front and center, the place you want to be and the reason you get there at 4:15 in the morning. This year they had the pepsi section off to the side, and instead the large 'front and center' section was a VIP section. If it was a game think of it like 'the red seats'. It was disheartening to get there at 4:15, wait out in the cold, and then see VIP people casually wander to the VIP section at 8:45. Sure, at games they pay more so they deserve to have nice seats, but at the rally I feel like the people willing to get their the earliest should be the ones rewarded. I guess I have to wake up to corporate America. But besides that little rant it was a good time. I'm not sure it was worth the wait, but being as crazy as I am I know I'd do it again. I don't have the extra dough to make it to a Super Bowl so I eat up these free events to just 'try to be a part of it'.

I hope you guys enjoyed the sign. I basically spent my entire Sunday working on it. Somewhat sad, I know, but what can I say, the pats bring out the kid in me.

Very cool ! What an amazing experience that must’ve been.

Nice job Maverick.
4:15 am, making signs, alone....
Do you happen to need a job?

Nice job Maverick.
4:15 am, making signs, alone....
Do you happen to need a job?

ha, I'm good. In fact, I'm lucky to have a flexible employer that would allow me to come in at noon yesterday.

Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

and just to be clear, I'm not alone at home. I have a wife and three kids, but none of them are passionate about the Pats. I have you guys to fill void.

ahah

Now it all makes sense! Thanks for posting. No way I am getting anywhere at 4:15 AM, though.

Last edited:
...It was disheartening to get there at 4:15, wait out in the cold, and then see VIP people casually wander to the VIP section at 8:45. Sure, at games they pay more so they deserve to have nice seats, but at the rally I feel like the people willing to get their the earliest should be the ones rewarded. I guess I have to wake up to corporate America...
...Or to the more insidious Elitism, another example of which will be all of the Beautiful People, the majority of whom wouldn't know a half back from a six pack, that we'll see on Sunday. Regardless, I still envy you your view. I've never been that close to any of them, or even watched them play, at Gillette or elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back