PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My early shopping list

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the NFL player lockout continues past the 2011 NFL Draft, the following mock draft for the New England Patriots covers most of the roster contingencies except for Logan Mankins:

#17 Ryan Kerrigan, DE/OLB Purdue or Justin Houston, DE/OLB Georgia
#28 Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin
#33 Mike Pouncey, OG Florida or Stefen Wisniewski, C/OG Penn State
#60 Jarvis Jenkins, DT Clemson
#74 Rahim Moore, FS UCLA or DeMarco Murray, RB Oklahoma or Shane Vereen, RB California
#92 Sam Acho, DE/OLB Texas or Stephen Schilling, OG Michigan
#124 Clint Boling, OG Georgia or Stevan Ridley, RB LSU

Player ratings based upon NFL Draft Scout Top 750 for 2011

NFL Draft Scout----Powered By: The Sports Xchange

I really like your picks at #17. I would be happy with either player. Houston is more sudden, but Kerrigan plays the run better.

The more I examine the way this draft could fall, the more I think that Jacksonville takes one of these players at #16. However if BOTH are on the board at #17, I just wonder if BB wouldn;t try to trade back a few spots, thinking that he could still get one.

I really like your picks at #17. I would be happy with either player. Houston is more sudden, but Kerrigan plays the run better.
I'm trying to be realistic based upon pre-combine evaluations by NFL Draft Scout.

The more I examine the way this draft could fall, the more I think that Jacksonville takes one of these players at #16. However if BOTH are on the board at #17, I just wonder if BB wouldn;t try to trade back a few spots, thinking that he could still get one.
You then risk coming away with nothing. If your number one priority is a 3-4 OLB who can rush the passer while setting the edge in the running game, you don't pass up the opportunity.

Last edited:
I'm trying to be realistic based upon pre-combine evaluations by NFL Draft Scout.

You then risk coming away with nothing. If your number one priority is a 3-4 OLB who can rush the passer while setting the edge in the running game, you don't pass up the opportunity.

You are correct I would never pass up the opportunity, but BB has passed on thes type players year after year for the past decade. He could have had Mathews and instead waited a year to take 4.95 bruises easier than a banana Cunningham.

BB prefers veterans at this position, but after wasting a lot of dollars on Thomas, he seems happier to sign retreads like TBC and Ninkovich rather than burn a high draft pick on a projection selection.

BB prefers veterans at this position, but after wasting a lot of dollars on Thomas, he seems happier to sign retreads like TBC and Ninkovich rather than burn a high draft pick on a projection selection.
With an impending NFL player lockout, there may not be free agency this year.

As for Tully Banta-Cain, he is a major liability in the running game and has trouble setting the edge. Conversely, Rob Ninkovich is hardly considered a feared pass rusher. I can live without Tully Banta-Cain and Eric Moore since the former is on the downhill side of thirty while the latter is just another guy.

Drafting Jermaine Cunningham is a sign of hope for future 3-4 outside linebackers in the New England Patriots defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back