PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mustard truck crashes into Rams laundry room

I actually enjoyed that game. Once Hoyer and the offense settled down, they gave the Rams a time of it, and nearly pulled out a win.

Now, that's not saying that either team is gonna make the playoffs, but there was enough excitement there for me to overlook those horrid uniforms.
You're probably right, but shoot if Seattle doesn't figure out their O-line... that division could be won at 8-9 games.

Wouldn't call it impossible for the Rams to get near that if their formula keeps working.

I prefer defense actually be played in football games as well. You know... complimentary football? As far as Thursday night games go, that was probably one of the more entertaining of the bunch just because the rest are absolute **** sandwiches. I wouldn't know. I don't watch Thursday night football because the NFL doesn't have me bent over the barrel.

...and having pointed his cold blue laser of truth at the rotting corpse of the NFL, Kontra lifted his fingers from post 39,407 and smiled malevolently at the computer, knowing it was one more dagger in the void that would normally contain a human heart in the chest of Roger Goodell. "Nope", he chuckled, taking a sip of coffee from the genuine NFL-licensed Patriots mug he'd received for Christmas, "they're not going to get ME!" His pleasure at the imminent demise of his enemy caused him to bump his mug against his chin, accidentally spilling some of the precious java onto his game-worn Tedy Bruschi jersey. "d%#*!@t!" he exclaimed, jumping up quickly and reaching for his authentic Patriots AFC Championship tea-towel to try to save his favorite shirt from a permanent stain. "Wish I'd had a Clown-Out towel handy."

The coffee had also spilled onto his outrageous monthly Comcast bill, a stark reminder of the lack of real choice in this Land of the Free. "Pirates" he said. Clearly something needed to be done. He immediately galvanized into action, jumping onto the 'net to research into cable-cutting alternatives. Waking up suddenly, three hours later, he realized he'd fallen asleep digging into Gronk's groin, Dorsett's knee and Hernandez' brain and had managed to slide off the chair and onto the floor, where he'd placed his trusty 30.06, his own personal peacekeeper. "Only way they're getting that signed Brady sweater is if they pry it out of my cold, dead hands", he thought, relishing the look of the potential thief as elation over a valuable prize turns to the realization that death is upon him. A brief twinge of pain caught his attention, and he realized he was sore, having slept on the gun in an awkward way, with the barrel digging into his ribs.

I don't watch Thursday night football because the NFL doesn't have me bent over the barrel.

I don't totally understand the desire to berate us for wanting to watch a football game. Personally, I was willing to half-watch the game and I expected it to be garbage. I was presently surprised.

I suspect you want to boycott non-Patriots games because of the handling of "deflate-gate" and "spy-gate", as well as the general league incompetence. I deeply empathize; I have not attended a game since deflate-gate and I do not have cable. I do not show up on NFL viewership statistics. Yet I am not going to let that Goodell clown prevent me from watching the game I love.

...and having pointed his cold blue laser of truth at the rotting corpse of the NFL, Kontra lifted his fingers from post 39,407 and smiled malevolently at the computer, knowing it was one more dagger in the void that would normally contain a human heart in the chest of Roger Goodell. "Nope", he chuckled, taking a sip of coffee from the genuine NFL-licensed Patriots mug he'd received for Christmas, "they're not going to get ME!" His pleasure at the imminent demise of his enemy caused him to bump his mug against his chin, accidentally spilling some of the precious java onto his game-worn Tedy Bruschi jersey. "d%#*!@t!" he exclaimed, jumping up quickly and reaching for his authentic Patriots AFC Championship tea-towel to try to save his favorite shirt from a permanent stain. "Wish I'd had a Clown-Out towel handy."

The coffee had also spilled onto his outrageous monthly Comcast bill, a stark reminder of the lack of real choice in this Land of the Free. "Pirates" he said. Clearly something needed to be done. He immediately galvanized into action, jumping onto the 'net to research into cable-cutting alternatives. Waking up suddenly, three hours later, he realized he'd fallen asleep digging into Gronk's groin, Dorsett's knee and Hernandez' brain and had managed to slide off the chair and onto the floor, where he'd placed his trusty 30.06, his own personal peacekeeper. "Only way they're getting that signed Brady sweater is if they pry it out of my cold, dead hands", he thought, relishing the look of the potential thief as elation over a valuable prize turns to the realization that death is upon him. A brief twinge of pain caught his attention, and he realized he was sore, having slept on the gun in an awkward way, with the barrel digging into his ribs.

I'm actually kind of flattered at this work of fiction. Re: my post count... that's about 9.8 post per day on average with most of them being crap, throwaway one-liners. Outside of that? Very entertaining.

I don't totally understand the desire to berate us for wanting to watch a football game. Personally, I was willing to half-watch the game and I expected it to be garbage. I was presently surprised.

I suspect you want to boycott non-Patriots games because of the handling of "deflate-gate" and "spy-gate", as well as the general league incompetence. I deeply empathize; I have not attended a game since deflate-gate and I do not have cable. I do not show up on NFL viewership statistics. Yet I am not going to let that Goodell clown prevent me from watching the game I love.

Not berating anyone. I just PERSONALLY don't understand why people still watch Thursday Night Football. It's thoroughly a crap product. The NFL, in general, is moving in that direction. Can't touch the quarterback anymore without a flag, can't hit a receiver or a runner anywhere without drawing a flag, can't breathe on a receiver the wrong way in coverage without drawing a flag, owners raking in billions of dollars while manipulating the idiot in charge into one embarrassing, high profile case or controversy after another. I'm only 31 and this isn't even the league I grew up watching anymore. I can't imagine how some of you older folks must feel about watching this watered-down crap that is the NFL vs. the blood sport you all grew up with. TNF is just one problem in a host of them. I mostly just watch the Patriots nowadays and maybe one or two other games during the week that interest me. I used to watch all of them that I could feast my eyes on while setting up multiple TVs in my living room to catch them all. Now, the only sport I have that passion for is college ball. But that's just me personally. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I can't imagine how some of you older folks must feel about watching this watered-down crap that is the NFL vs. the blood sport you all grew up with. TNF is just one problem in a host of them.

I've said it before, and it still stands: When Brady's done, I'm done.

It's still worth watching the best ever, as he paints his masterpiece. For all the rest, this is almost not the sport I grew to love, and it's not a league worth following. As with hockey and basketball, the rules changes and varying levels of league office incompetence and/or politicization have basically destroyed the game.

I've said it before, and it still stands: When Brady's done, I'm done.

It's still worth watching the best ever, as he paints his masterpiece. For all the rest, this is almost not the sport I grew to love, and it's not a league worth following. As with hockey and basketball, the rules changes and varying levels of league office incompetence and/or politicization have basically destroyed the game.

I don't know if I'm at that level yet, but my interest has definitely waned in a major, major way for the reasons both of us have cited.

LOL, this game IS sponsored by a mustard product company!
th
Amazing.

I think I may retire as a Pats fan when Brady goes too. I think I'll become a nationwide critic of Roger Shytdell, take a motor home on the road and criss cross the country preaching the truth about ol Rog and every bit of scumbaggery and lying he's told in his despicable, ratfaced life

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back