PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Musberger during the Rose Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Musberger said, was that KRAFT said that he had let him go to soon... it wasnt Musberger's opinion, it was Kraft's...

lol... now, is everyone gonna lineup to jump on kraft?

Musberger was saying a lot of stupid things during the Rose Bowl.

As was the announcer during the West Virginia game. He said one of the players went to WV because it was only a 50 minute bus ride from his home in Alabama?????????More like 1000 miles but who needs geography???

I think Kraft did Pete Carroll a favor, I really believe Carroll would never have the success in the NFL as he is having in Collage. Carroll has two National Championships and if it wasn't for Vince Young he'd have a 3rd, put that in NFL terms and he'd be talked about like Belichick is now. Right now Carroll is king of collage, the only dumb thing he could do is think about going pro. I don't know about the rest of you, but I kind of enjoy seeing his success at USC, as long as he stay's there.

I agree with everything you said, except your spelling. It's "college". A "collage" is a high school art form used before the big prom.

;)

Brent Musberger is my least favorite college announcer. He makes inane comments and is always focused on the "storylines" of the game. He is unable to make an insightful comment about what is going on; instead, he will single out one or two players and continually talk about them, and I honestly don't care. Thank god for the mute button.

I agree with everything you said, except your spelling. It's "college". A "collage" is a high school art form used before the big prom.

;)
I thought that was a corsage. Sorry. :p

That's a nice list but you do realize that Carroll (and Bobby Grier) were fired before the 2000 draft? Or did you think Tom Brady was a Bobby McCombine pick?

Yeah - but since BB and Pioli didn't have much time to prepare in 2000, they were still using Grier's list - hence Klemm, Redmond, Robinson-Randall, Stachelski, Marriott in rounds 2-5....Brady was a lucky.....they were really targeting Tee Martin that year, but the Steelers snatched him up late in the 5th......just kidding.

I've always liked Musberger, he did help revolutionize TV with the NFL Today. I think he was a much better studio host then play by play guy. Although his calling of the Boston College - Miami 1984 Doug Flutie game was classic.

I am wondering if anyone else heard this, or did I misinterpret.

During the Rose Bowl, Brent Musberger was praising Pete Carroll's success at USC and I believe he said something along the lines of how Robert Kraft up in New England let Carroll go a little too soon.

Is this accurate?(I was surprised at the comment, perhaps I misinterpreted it.)

Yes, Carroll has found great success, but Kraft hired Belichick and then we won 3 Super Bowl's to date.

Perhaps I am over-reacting, but I was shocked.

Please respond if you heard this also, or you can clarify for me.

Yes he did, by the way BUCKEYE! BUCKEYE! BUCKEYE!

;)

Oh well, so much for spell cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes