PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's 2007 Training Camp Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Reports

Now for some scurrilous rumors...it's said that Mrs B has been sleeping with a Yankee fan

Does he pee in the corners of the house thinking he's in a subway station?

Mrs. B ... if you'd like, I'll donate a separate domain name for the blog, server space, and all the bandwidth you can eat, if Fencer takes care of the set-up, maintenance, and support of it. I've got no time, but I've got resources to donate. You might even be able to twist DW's arm into some eyecandy for it. :D

I think your voice is an important one, I'd like to see it stick around. With Fencer running it, me hosting it, all you'd have to do is log in and post.

No pressure. ;) But the offers on the table if you're interested.

If your hosting company has cpanel, then it's super easy. Just go to the Fantastico icon at the bottom and follow your nose.

If not, maybe you should change hosting companies. :)

Dimension Servers is a smaaaaallll local firm with outstanding service, including for moving the site over. Just make sure you talk with the owner or his wife, which is easy, since they're almost always online.

Please feel free to PM me if you want a quick guide to the very minor "gotchas" of Wordpress.

After posting this in a reply in the Bruschi Story thread, I thought I should probably put it in a thread of its own:

Regarding the camp reports, I hinted last year that I may have written my last one... I'll play it by ear. The reason for this is NOT that I won't be there or that I don't care as much about the Pats or TC, but because, I felt that by the time I would get home and post, everything had already been said.

Years ago, I LITERALLY was the first word out of camp. Guys wrote full features which appeared in the following day's papers but I was the first word on the street with the "tidbits" and scoops.

In this day and age with blogs and the ability for the "media" to deliver the news as it's happening right there, I have little to say when I get home that hasn't already been said, posted and thoroughly discussed.

Writing the reports and posting them on numerous message boards and email lists takes a lot of time, which I don't mind if it's serving some purpose, but it seems to be going by the wayside now. If anything, blogs are the way to go, with everything posted in one centralized location.

Incidentally, in addition to Reiss and Breer, the Pats have their own blog now too, so I expect that all of them (and others) will be posting "live" from camp so I'll REALLY have nothing new to say...

Like I said, I'll play it by ear, but Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Reports seem to be going the route of the 8 Track Tape....

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mrs. B....I love, and look forward, to your training camp reports. You have a great and unique way of not only looking at how players are doing out there, but reporting it. You report what you are seeing like a true fan, not a professional talking head ..and I for one would miss being able to live "vicariously" through you. (oh...and Tell Mr. B that I mean that in the most benign of terms!)

Don't give it up....you are greatly appreciated on here and we need to hear what is going on there!!! (Especially those of us that are out of state and can't make it to TC!)

THANKS MRS. B!!!!!!!

Mrs B -- please continue your reports. I plan on attending camp this year and let me say I am proud of your work - as a teacher of our young cherubs first and passionate Patriots fan second.

Karen...I hope you do continue...you are a BIG inspiration..and original..and STILL the best!!!

Drama dram...when have we had as much as this??

Mrs. B, please reconsider. Your reports are well written, concise, and something I truly look forward to when training camp rolls around. If you decided not to write anymore, I can respect that, too. It just wouldn't be the same.

i'm going to add my name to the people who would love to see you do your reports.

Mrs. B, I love hearing the news and tidbits from YOU! Please sign on for another season or we will have to slap you with the franchise tag!

Mrs. B, I love hearing the news and tidbits from YOU! Please sign on for another season or we will have to slap you with the franchise tag!

Post of the day! :rocker:

Nothing to say that hasn't been said, but count me as one of the many who look forward to and read your updates faithfully. So glad you decided to give it another year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case