PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moulds...Pats supposedly have inquired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad he's 33. Not a lot left in the tank and who knows what the Bills would want. Id rather them use the draft pick(s) they would have to give up to get him on a rookie WR and develop him for the long term. Moulds' best days are in his rearview mirror.

SoonerPatriot said:
Too bad he's 33. Not a lot left in the tank and who knows what the Bills would want. Id rather them use the draft pick(s) they would have to give up to get him on a rookie WR and develop him for the long term. Moulds' best days are in his rearview mirror.

Moulds posted a 1,000 yard season as recently as 2004 with Bledsoe throwing to him. Even with the pathetic QB duo of Holcomb and Losman he still had 80 catches last year.

I don't think he's close to done just yet.

Mooch said:
Moulds posted a 1,000 yard season as recently as 2004 with Bledsoe throwing to him. Even with the pathetic QB duo of Holcomb and Losman he still had 80 catches last year.

I don't think he's close to done just yet.

Yeah but he's 33. There's more value in getting a rookie cheap and developing him ala Givens.

SoonerPatriot said:
Yeah but he's 33. There's more value in getting a rookie cheap and developing him ala Givens.

Well of course we should develp a rookie. But Givens didn't even sniff the offense his rookie year. Moulds can help us in 2006 much more than any rookie in the draft. I like Moulds-Caldwell-Brown as 2-3-4 much better than Caldwell-Brown-Childress/Bethel/Rookie

SoonerPatriot said:

Wow, for someone who likes to whine about FA losses, you want to rely on a rookie WR for next year, especially in such a weak WR draft class?

SoonerPatriot said:

Maybe. Depends what you end up paying Moulds. Terrell Owens is also 33. Marvin Harrison is 34 or so. So is Isaac Bruce. Hell, Rod Smith will be 36 this year as will Joey Galloway. Jimmy Smith will be 37. All of those guys have been productive in their early to mid 30s. And I'd take any one of them as an upgrade over David Givens, except for TO (but that has nothing to do with his age).

They will grab a young receiver or two no doubt, but for now, why not Moulds?? I think it makes sense...if the price is right...a BIG IF.

SoonerPatriot said:

Or like Bethel Johnson?

Besides, just bc the Pats make a deal for Moulds does not preclude drafting & developing a WR. I'd have no prob with them giving up a 3rd. BB & SP don't have much of a track record in the 3rd round anyway .....

Lamanai said:
Actually, per the NFLPA its $6.1 million. Still a lot.

Moulds, Eric

2006 6089000.00
2007 7250000.00

Telling his present employers that he won't take a cut
actually is his only way to get out of town.

The Bills balk because they know that those numbers are way above market.
Trust even an ego-driven marquee WR to realize that, too. But he cannot say so.

As dryheat points out, we have a decent shot at him in free agency, later.
I think we could land Moulds for Dillon first-year money ...
followed by quite a bit less than Dillonesque 2nd and 3rd year dollars.

That is consistent with extending Deion, at HIS market value.

richpats said:
Moulds' contract situation will be a delicate one considering Deion Branch. We offered Givens $3.5M/year for a #2, but Moulds is a #1 that would be coming in to play #2. I wouldn't imagine Branch is offered more than $4.5M/year on his extension, so I think $4M/year for Moulds will be our offer (if we make one).

I really dont see why it would be delicate. Moulds is 33. Not like he's anything more than a year or two stop gap.

JackBauer said:
Wow, for someone who likes to whine about FA losses, you want to rely on a rookie WR for next year, especially in such a weak WR draft class?

Yeah, Im the only one whining about FA losses. Not quite, but thanks for playing.

Anyhow, there's more value in a rookie. I guess I just have faith in the way BB drafts. Call me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back