PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most underrated player now? (No Patriots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE_Paddy said:
Interesting piece on Adrian Wilson by Pete Prisco recently.

I think he's pretty underrated. Superb strong safety. 8 sacks last year. NFL record for a defensive back.

I agree, I would list him as a top three at least, possibly top two SS right now. I really would have liked to see us bring him in before the Cardinals re-signed him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it cause he's a Colt..but.. I've gotta go with Tarik Glenn LT. He's a big reason why Manning's so effective.

primetime said:
Jake Delhomme is the most underrated QB in football.

Take it you missed the Panthers/Hawks playoff game. ;)

tombonneau said:
Take it you missed the Panthers/Hawks playoff game. ;)
:D Agreed. Delhomme is Peyton Manning with half the talent.

Keegs said:
Dominick Davis, Deuce Mccalister, Chris Chambers, Chris Brown, Andra' Davis

Davis is my most underrated. I thought it was funny how he was just brushed aside when it came to Reggie Bush. Davis has been in the top 5 in yards from scrimmage per game the last two years.

Tiki is the obvious one...but it's kind of late for that since he got so much love this year. Look at the guy's numbers...he's averaged over 100 yards from scrimmage per game each of the last 6 seasons and he's averaging over 2000 yds from scrimmage per year the last 4 years. That's crazy numbers. If he has an average year he'll move into the top 10 all-time in yards from scimmmage.

Last edited:
I'll go with Reggie Wayne. He's overshadowed by Harrison, but this guy is a big time player who doesn't get the proper credit.

JJDChE said:
Davis is my most underrated. I thought it was funny how he was just brushed aside when it came to Reggie Bush. Davis has been in the top 5 in yards from scrimmage per game the last two years.

That was exactly why I thought the Texans wouldn't draft Bush. Then again, I thought they were going to draft Young instead. :D

Sheldon Brown, CB Eagles...

Lito Sheppard gets all the acclaim and a Pro Bowl berth in 2004, but Sheldon Brown is a far better CB.

huskeralk said:
:D Agreed. Delhomme is Peyton Manning with half the talent.

I take it you missed how he almost won a Super Bowl, then?

primetime said:
The irony is you are saying he isnt like Manning because he ALMOST.........
and that seems to be why people DO compare him to Manning,

Manning's never gotten there, never even been close, really. Delhomme took a team there and almost won.

primetime said:

No, I didn't miss that. He ALMOST won one. Almost only counts in horshoes and hand grenades and occasionally on misleading Ty Law threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes