PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Morning Huddle 10/11 - Gronk Dealing With Fan Backlash; Ridley an 'X-Factor'; Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Morning Huddle 10/11 - Gronk Dealing With Fan Backlash, Ridley an 'X-Factor', Tod

1) Rob Gronkowski is learning what it’s like to play in New England – After seeing a few people on Twitter lay into the veteran tight end last week after the story surfaced in the Boston Herald that the veteran’s return was being delayed because he wanted to make sure he felt ready enough to perform, I opened up a column watching Tweets directed directly at him and have followed them all week. It’s been an eye-opening experiment and it’s hard not to be surprised – and disturbed – by the results from many fans who seem to be more concerned with their fantasy teams than with Gronkowski’s long-health. The derogatory comments, people questioning his toughness, and many other things that aren’t fit to write came out in force this week, likely amplified by the fact the team suffered their first loss last weekend. It’s amazing that people clearly can’t grasp the fact that this is a pivotal point in his career, and it’s more important that he return for what will hopefully be the long-haul after all the setbacks he’s suffered. There’s already Mike Petraglia of WEEI.com’s report that Gronkowski could have avoided all this if the team had just let the bone heal on its own to begin with, which explains why Dr. Andrews is being brought in as a third party to evaluate him before he’s cleared, and it’s still not a given that he’ll be back this weekend. But give credit to Gronkowski – and his family – for stepping in and standing up for himself because in the end they’re more focused on what everyone wants to begin with, and that’s for the tight end to be able to get back in there so he can live up to the contract that will have him here through 2017.
Curran: Gronk has come out unscathed | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

Re: Morning Huddle 10/11 - Gronk Dealing With Fan Backlash, Ridley an 'X-Factor', Tod

Trust me, he's not "unscathed" when it comes to the crazy fans who have spent the last two weeks calling him out, only to be the same ones who will be praising him the first time he scores a touchdown. I've been watching it all week (open up @RobGronkowski mentions in a twitter column on TweetDeck) and they're either complaining about the fact he's not playing by questioning his toughness, or they're upset because his absence is messing up their fantasy team.

It's absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Trust me, he's not "unscathed" when it comes to the crazy fans who have spent the last two weeks calling him out, only to be the same ones who will be praising him the first time he scores a touchdown. I've been watching it all week (open up @RobGronkowski mentions in a twitter column on TweetDeck) and they're either complaining about the fact he's not playing by questioning his toughness, or they're upset because his absence is messing up their fantasy team.

It's absolutely ridiculous :rolleyes:

The media is equally despicable in this case. They chum the water with a bunch of rumors and then report with glee when some fans respond exactly how they expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe