PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami writer accused of celebrating edelman's injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a major football event. Boom = "!". El Presidente is trolling for clicks. Salguero is stupidly obliging.
That doesn't make much sense. If by major football event, you mean JE's injury, then yeah, it does sound pretty happy. Other people have said he was excited that Mike Garafolo was reporting the story, which is pretty thin, but makes more sense than that. It seemed like a pretty damned weird thing to say to me frankly.

So, "Boom" can be used in a celebratory sense, like an exclamation. Or it could be used to convey congratulations, like "Great job breaking that story."

"Deflate," though, can only be used to describe the removal of air from an inflated vessel. Any suggestion that it could be used in any other context is completely ridiculous and an insult to common sense.

I think Barstool is reaching a little trying to make this into a big story. But otherwise I equate Armando Salguero as the Miami equivalent of the Posts' Bart Hubbuch. Both have the same schtick, heavily making derogatory comments about the Patriots - regardless of if there's any truth to what they post - and both have to be doing it to get attention because they can't possibly believe a lot of the nonsense they throw out there without the intention of making names for themselves. I've talked to Hubbuch privately via email and he's a different guy than the one we see on Twitter...I just feel like he does it to stir the pot. But between his comments and Salguero's, some of it is so bizarre and off-base, it just doesn't make any sense. But then again, neither did the initial accusation by the Colts or the entire offseason we had to sit through.

Although I always thought there was legal recourse against any journalist who publicly says something about another individual and infers they did something there isn't any definitive proof of. But we won't get into that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
People on Facebook were doing this too, is Edelman hated or something?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

He is if you're not a fan of the Patriots, although I've never felt the need to hop on and gloat about another team having one of their players get injured...maybe I'm weird :rolleyes:

lol that was funny he was trolling the miami reporter.

He's the biggest trash talker in the league. I love him but it's easy to see why other teams/fans hate him.

Yeah, I hear the Edelman hate from other fanbases is pretty high. Makes me like him even more, to be honest.

As for this, seemed kinda obvious the Miami guy was expressing some satisfaction about the injury, but he's a ****, so it's not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes