PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MIA@NE re-watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE-VT

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I am thankful for everyone's participation in these threads! I have been rather busy with family these last couple weeks, so I will need to catch up on the re-watching.

I will link to some sources to get us started on film-based discussion and play breakdowns until the all-22 comes out:

r/Patriots Gifs

r/NFL Patriots-Dolphins highlights

I am going to be re-watching the entire game from the broadcast footage. If there is some particular play you want posted, let everyone know. Someone (or me) can likely find a clip.

Last edited:
So recently, my Mother has expressed an interest in learning more about football, so I have been teaching her. She has been watching since the 70s, but she has never has dived into things enough to understand football strategy. Early this week, I showed her this play from the ATL game, to demonstrate per-snap motion.

Well when we got down to the red-zone in the Miami game, my Mom predicted that we would do that play again. Lo and behold, ...

It was her proudest football moment. :)

Last edited:
Van Noy is turning into one of BB/the staff’s finest coaching achievements. He went from a complete bust that was sold off for nothing to a JAG that won’t kill you if he’s starting to now a solid starter. He’s been on a tear since the Falcons game.

He had some great tackles yesterday if anyone can find them. Hopefully he is ok.

@Minitron

upload_2017-11-27_12-13-33.png
upload_2017-11-27_11-54-14-png.18722

upload_2017-11-27_12-11-1.png
upload_2017-11-27_12-1-34-png.18723

Last edited:
So recently, my Mother has expressed an interest in learning more about football, so I have been teaching her. She has been watching since the 70s, but she has never has dived into things enough to understand football strategy. Early this week, I showed her this play from the ATL game, to demonstrate per-snap motion.

Well when we got down to the red-zone in the Miami game, my Mom predicted that we would do that play again. Lo and behold, ...

It was her proudest football moment. :)

BTW- this play was made possible by a lot of blocks, but in particular Gronk throws someone "out of the club" again, and Allen keeps a DB 5 yds in the endzone. #Real TE's can block. ;)

Nice double swat by Flowers on that 1st one

Van Noy is turning into one of BB/the staff’s finest coaching achievements. He went from a complete bust that was sold off for nothing to a JAG that won’t kill you if he’s starting to now a solid starter. He’s been on a tear since the Falcons game.

He had some great tackles yesterday if anyone can find them. Hopefully he is ok.

Agree on Van Noy. I think he is our next Ninkovich: versatile, dependable, and a leader in the front 7.

I’m also starting to like Elandon Roberts. He’s improved in coverage and starting to play more instinctive in the run game. When he’s coming toward the line of scrimmage he’s a human torpedo.

Lastly, Trey Flowers....beast.

G's doing work. Great rep by Mason. Not often Suh gets moved like that but Shaq went back for 2nds and sealed off that lane for Lewis. Great effort and persistence!

Mason has been solid, so I am not trying to take away from him at all.

But Suh has to be an incredible disappointment for Miami. I mean, he makes some splash plays when he wants to, but overall, the defense has been atrocious since he signed in 2015 for a ridiculous contract.

The run D has been pretty mediocre with him there, finishing 28th, 30th, and currently 24th in rushing yards allowed over the 3 seasons. The defense hasn't finished in the top half of the league in points allowed or yards allowed either.

And he's got the 13th-highest cap hit in the league right now.

Just a terrible, terrible signing.

I agree 100%. Really an amazing turn around. Makes me think coaching in the NFL is really poor.

Mason has been solid, so I am not trying to take away from him at all.

But Suh has to be an incredible disappointment for Miami. I mean, he makes some splash plays when he wants to, but overall, the defense has been atrocious since he signed in 2015 for a ridiculous contract.

The run D has been pretty mediocre with him there, finishing 28th, 30th, and currently 24th in rushing yards allowed over the 3 seasons. The defense hasn't finished in the top half of the league in points allowed or yards allowed either.

And he's got the 13th-highest cap hit in the league right now.

Just a terrible, terrible signing.
we all saw it, their FO should have seen it for sure...no tears, just laughs

Wouldnt be surprised if #67 was sick for OL meeting tomorrow. I wouldn't be happy of I was a teammate or coach.

What a lazy set? Gives up the inside with almost no threat of an inside rush.

As soon as he goes to punch his ass is pointed towards the sideline. OL ass shouldn't always be pointed towards QB like a camera taking a picture.

Flowers gives a rip but he really doesn't even need it and uses it to shield of his man.

What will get 67 in trouble, besides the soft set is the little hand flip at the end. Kinda like, "what do you want from me". Terrible body language.

Wouldnt be surprised if #67 was sick for OL meeting tomorrow. I wouldn't be happy of I was a teammate or coach.

What a lazy set? Gives up the inside with almost no threat of an inside rush.

As soon as he goes to punch his ass is pointed towards the sideline. OL ass shouldn't always be pointed towards QB like a camera taking a picture.

Flowers gives a rip but he really doesn't even need it and uses it to shield of his man.

What will get 67 in trouble, besides the soft set is the little hand flip at the end. Kinda like, "what do you want from me". Terrible body language.

Almost like he's more interested in wearing a gas mask than doing his job with a football helmet...... ;)

Thanks for the clips again Tony!

Just re-watching the defense in this game, they look way more confident then they have especially when you compare them to week one. The development of the secondary has probably been one of my favorite things to watch this season and it really stood out to me this past Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back