PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Merged] Pats Work Out Then Sign Brian Waters G

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Waters comes in to start and Connely moves back into short yardage FB.

Per Bedard/Schefter tweet:

Water's signed deal is for 2 years and $5.5 million.

That makes him a day one starter.

Game films (all-22) are overrated except to the people who truly know the game. To the average Joe, game films are no more insightful than what they see on TV.

You shouldn't discount the input of posters on here- there are some pretty smart ones who know the game well, and their insights most certainly rival what the sports media in general can offer you.

Trust me Psycho, there are plenty of posters on here whose opinions I value way above the general sports media.

I was just kidding, although there are also posters here who's input I discount heavily.

Anyone like to see another G added?

Waters is still a very good run blocker this is a upgrade IMO

I think Waters comes in to start and Connely moves back into short yardage FB.

Yup, Waters will start and Connelly moves to a Short yardage FB. I like it. Water's is a good upgrade over Connelly, even at his age.

Re: Schefter: Pats sign Brian Waters

There were reports that Haley told Waters, in a private meeting, that he could take 22 guys off the street and win two games. In Kovitz’s view, Waters was attempting to be a bridge between the new regime and players by meeting with Haley, but the meeting apparently wasn’t well received by Haley, which led to the "22 players" remark. "Waters got off on a bad foot with those guys," Kovitz said.

Everything I read about Haley makes him sound like an absolute ****. Seems to have a permanent chip on both shoulders - and his players don't even seem to like him.

Factor in his handling of Romeo Crennell....and you have a guy that probably needs to win a SB in the next few years to keep his job.

Everything I read about Haley makes him sound like an absolute ****. Seems to have a permanent chip on both shoulders - and his players don't even seem to like him.

Factor in his handling of Romeo Crennell....and you have a guy that probably needs to win a SB in the next few years to keep his job.

They gave Romeo a year off to recover and then fired the man they'd gotten in the meantime, just to get Romeo on staff.

As for the player thing, Larry Fitzgerald sure thinks the world of him.

If they liked what they saw from him enough to give him that contract, then I'm encouraged. I'll be thrilled if he can just be a league-average starter.

They gave Romeo a year off to recover and then fired the man they'd gotten in the meantime, just to get Romeo on staff.

As for the player thing, Larry Fitzgerald sure thinks the world of him.

Okayyy.

So one NFL players liks him ;)

Okayyy.

So one NFL players liks him ;)

I used a hugely successful and well known example. I'm not starting a tally sheet.

People here have been reading a lot into the Haley stuff, and most of that reading has been wrong.

I used a hugely successful and well known example. I'm not starting a tally sheet.

People here have been reading a lot into the Haley stuff, and most of that reading has been wrong.

Okay, so the one guy you used is hugely well known.

Its possible people have been reading stuff into the way he is, god knows we all witness how Belichick gets his character assasinated by certain members of the media.

Its my impression that alot of what happens in his lockerroom seems to become public knowledge pretty quickly - like the in-game demotion of Crennell.

Either way, its not a big deal, I suppose.

Big diff the way position coaches and head coaches interact with players.

All rookies need mentoring, in the NFL. Has nothing to do a rookies natural abilities or what they did in college. With more experience players that are leaders, will certainly help Cannon adjust to the pro-level..

How much mentoringndid mankins need? Light? Koppen? Vollmer?

These guys know why they're here.....they know what the pro deal is....

My guess on Gurode is that it was more of a knee thing than a contract thing.

But Waters for a year is perfect until Cannon is ready and any young Tackle making the move to guard would need some mentoring.

Plenty of guys have their lives flash and are still screw-ups. I would say that Cannon doesn't fit that bill because he wasn't a screw-up in the 1st place but surviving cancer doesn't imbue you with invaluable football knowledge.

I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about football mentoring not Boys and Girls Clubs of America mentoring.

Who mentored mankins in his move from OT to OG?

These guys know what the deal is ..... Mentoring doesn't save people from being screw ups.......theyll be screw ups anyway....look at meriweather.

So can I safely discount any more evaluations I read on here or do some posters secretly get the game films?

would you accept a poster telling you they watched the game on TV and assessed every player?

I do not know much about this player, but unless this was a salary cap move, it means that another team thought he was not good enough to be on a team that is likely weaker than the Pats. This applies to any of the players cut by other teams.

I get what your saying here in theory. But in practice thats not how it works out. James Harrison was cut by teams, Wes Welker was cut by teams. For a recent example look no further than danny woodhead who wasn't good enough to make the jets and is now arguably our best back.

All i read from this signing is the front office and OLine staff think he can make our team better, thats enough for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News