PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mercury Morris calls Belichick "gutless"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is not right is media types going after him,baiting him,getting him pissed off,then showing the result.

The guy has paid the price,in more ways than one.
Morris played half a season with a broken neck.
He suffers nerve damage and constant debilitating pain.

His conviction was eventually overturned,he was shown to have been part of a political squeeze to push stiffer cocaine laws. "A high profile example".

He readily admits his errors,doesn't blame anyone.

He is actively involved in trying to get justice for men who are seriously hurting,and have basically been abandonned by the NFL.

Has now,and has always had high powered enemies.

We all know someone like him,guys you don't trifle with,always a hair trigger.

He isn't going to change,and the media won't stop using him.

If the current Miami squad had any of his heart,
they would be the Patriots.

Heard this on the afternoon ESPN show.
Mercury Morris went of on BB.
Said that where was his bravado last night.
Said he was gutless for going for a field goal against Eagles, whereas the week before BB always went for the touchdown.

The guy sounded hyper and absolutely crazy.

Sean Sailisbury laughed at him and said he sounded like someone who is just scared to death that the dolphons unbeaten record is threatened

then they cut to commercial break.

Would love to see someone do a full length interview with MM

Kindof sad - he had a moment in the spotlight a week or so ago and decided he liked it.

Expect more, not less trash talk from him.

Did you hear Mike Vrabel discussing Mercury with Felger two weeks ago? He said he's like the drunk uncle that shows up at Christmas, and everyone in the family is asking "who the hell brought him?" After he and Felger cracked up, he added, "Hey Aunt Ruth, can you get him outta here?"

I don't think BB will waste his time on this loser.

I guess it's official: You can say anything you want and expect people to listen to you.

I'm pretty sure BB was going for the TD when the Pats were down 24-28, but they were stopped on 4th down.

You mean THIS Mercury Morris?

Morris Loses Retrial Bid

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpa...s Topics/Subjects/C/Cocaine and Crack Cocaine

New York Times

Published: February 1, 1997

The former Miami Dolphins star MERCURY MORRIS lost his bid yesterday for a new trial in a cocaine case that tainted his career, but he vowed to keep trying to clear his name.

''Whatever he does we'll be prepared to respond to,'' said an assistant state's attorney, PAUL MENDELSON. ''We're confident that there's no basis to change the case or overturn the conviction.''

hey at least BB has his hair! i think MM lost a few brain cells after his transplant.
celeb_mercurymorris.jpg

Heard this on the afternoon ESPN show.
Mercury Morris went of on BB.
Said that where was his bravado last night.
Said he was gutless for going for a field goal against Eagles, whereas the week before BB always went for the touchdown.

The guy sounded hyper and absolutely crazy.

Sean Sailisbury laughed at him and said he sounded like someone who is just scared to death that the dolphons unbeaten record is threatened

then they cut to commercial break.

Would love to see someone do a full length interview with MM

He's obviously stupid since the Pats ended up winning by the margin of a FG.
You get points where you can get em. 3 points is sometimes better than 0, particularly when you are playing ahead.
There are certainly times on 4th down when you need to go for it. But that wasn't one of them.

Last edited:
My thoughts (in order) when I saw the first Mercury Morris interview.

1-Hey! It's Isaac from the Love Boat. What's he doing on ESPN?

2-Oh, it's Mercury Morris and he's obviously back on the blow.

3-He couldn't carry Kevin Faulk's jock on his best day.

Hes obviously snorting what he used to sell.

I can only hope that when some reporters asks a Patriots to reply to Morris' remarks, with this simple retort, "Isn't he still in prison?" or "When did he get out?"

I thoroughly enjoyed Mercury Morris' rant a few weeks ago about titanics and brides and moving furniture. It was epic, possibly the funniest thing on ESPN all year.

That said, this much by "seven" is certainly true:
What is not right is media types going after him,baiting him,getting him pissed off,then showing the result.
leave the poor guy alone. I bet you can find even crazier opinions among the hobos under the bridge downtown, but I don't want them interrupting my sports broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes