PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mediator James Francis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lighten up, Francis.

Mediation........Goodell all high pitched. Kessler throwing haymakers, "Go comatose for me baby"

If Yale was anything like Harvard in those days, Summa Cum Laude meant a lot.

At Harvard, over half the students got Cum Laude. Magna meant you were quite good; that's what my main college girlfriend got, and she published a paper in the Journal of Biochemistry based on the senior thesis she wrote as a junior. Summa was a major honor -- I overheard one discussion as to which was a greater honor, Summa or a Rhodes Scholarship. Tom Schelling -- later a Nobel Laureate -- once spoke of being "honored" to participate in an oral exam for Summa status.

As for the MPP from the Kennedy School -- that proves he had decent quantitative skills. Otherwise, it doesn't add to what we already knew from the fact that he got a JD from an elite law school.
Yeah. Being a Harvard Summa is a big deal. There are so few of them that they get to be on the stage with those receiving Honorary Doctorates at graduation (at least they were back in the day...I haven't been to a Harvard graduation in a while).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes