PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McNair traded to Ravens for fourth rounder

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

Now the Titans can finally afford to sign their rookies!

PFT does a great job. Every now and then they - like everyone else - get something wrong and they ALWAYS are up-front about it. Most of the time, they scoop pretty much EVERYBODY. This is a good job by them.

Interesting..I wounder how Law fits into this now money is freed up...

I don't understand why they traded for him...when all they had to do was to wait for him to get cut.

Whatever.

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl said:
I don't understand why they traded for him...when all they had to do was to wait for him to get cut.

Whatever.

Tenn could hold on to him until they needed the CAP room for rookies. That would result in McNair missing a bunch of time with the Ravens that he could use to learn thier offense.

re

Right on. The Titans managed to squeeze a 4th rounder just for a quicker transaction.

If the Ravens wanted to play hardball, they could have waited and potentially caused signing problems for the Titans.

pats-blue said:
Tenn could hold on to him until they needed the CAP room for rookies. That would result in McNair missing a bunch of time with the Ravens that he could use to learn thier offense.

A forth round pick is a bit on the high.

McNair is done anyhow...

What was the financial agreement for McNair to the Ravens?

Thanks for the info and I bet the receivers in Baltimore are smiling now especially Derrick Mason And the AFC North just got another good Quarterback ok Cleveland when are you going to bring in a veteran QB.

I don't like this even though I knew it was coming.

McNair is a hell of a competitor and can beat you with his arms and his legs.

I hate the Ravens and don't want to see them improve. It will make th AFC North very competitive, so it might help us with home field.

McNair > Boller

McNair to Mason again like the good ole days for the both of them.

I think it works out fine..McNair can definatley teach Boller a few things..hes a better QB than Boller and will lead his offense nicely. They got Lewis and when healthy had the 2000 yard season..Mason was a former teammate and both of them were a great QB-WR duo and add in Heap whos a pro bowl caliber TE..Clayton who will be a future star and a deep threat in Williams.. i like what they've got. Samari Rolle was a former Titan too

re

I agree.

With a strong defense and talented offensive skill players, I've always thought the Ravens could be contenders if not for their QB. McNair could be the missing piece to an explosive Ravens offense.

and remember...they added Ngata and Lewis said he likes playing with a big guy in front ofhim so he doesnt get double teamed a lot ..he is a bit undersized in a 3-4. They have Reed and a rookie Safety..McAllister-Rolle are a great duo..added Trevor Pryce to play across Suggs unless he moves to OLB again. They have a great D..definatley improved on O with a proven QB..a great deep threat and adding Mike Anderson to work with Lewis

Baltimore's Achilles Heel is their O-line. They had some prospects last year who wound up IR'ed and were basically playing 3rd stringers and a declining Jonathon Ogden. Whether their returners can pick it up after a year of inactivity will determine McNabb's success. Ray-Ray should have a good year, tho.

The key to me is McNair's health. If he is healthy and stay's healthy he is
dangerous and the Ravens become much better. IMO. They have some
offensive weapons with Mason and Heap to name a few. As someone
pointed out the Oline has been a problem ... but what about this year?
With a healthy McNair the Ravens might even defeat the Stillers once
this year.

The AFCN becomes a tong war! Just like the AFCW. And the Titans can start to stabilize, so the AFC South is not just a two team division.

Pity us poor Patriots in the AFCE. Two teams vying forthe first pick in the draft and a .500 club for competition. Belichick must be beaming and trying real hard to memorize motivational speeches to keep the troops alert.

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
I don't like this even though I knew it was coming.

McNair is a hell of a competitor and can beat you with his arms and his legs.

I hate the Ravens and don't want to see them improve. It will make th AFC North very competitive, so it might help us with home field.

Great thought - you found the silver lining in this deal. HFA is always crucial although I think Denver and any team would have beat the Pats (they beat themselves) in the last game they played. Billick has what he has never had, a real QB (albeit past his prime). If Mcnair gets healthy, Balt. will win a lot of games, maybe as many as 10, a bunch of those from within the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back