PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayock NFL.com video on Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
No other way to put it (maybe I should paste BB and TB's heads in and make it my sig)... If this sort of content was the rule on NFL shows it'd be must-see TV for me. Good stuff, thanks for posting.

micro_surgery.jpg

(Maybe) Stupid question.. so who of the two Detroit players screwed up here ?

No other way to put it (maybe I should paste BB and TB's heads in and make it my sig)... If this sort of content was the rule on NFL shows it'd be must-see TV for me. Good stuff, thanks for posting.

ESPN 7:30 am on Sundays has Hoge, Jaworski and Sal PAolantonio (?sp)break down film in a similar manner...Thanks for DVRs............

Unfortunately, this is not what the average fan wants. They want drama infused ******** that reinforces their twisted point of view.

I have been trying to figure out for years whether this is what the networks serve up because they actually realize it is what most fans want, or because the mediots are just hate-filled morons, or both.

I have been trying to figure out for years whether this is what the networks serve up because they actually realize it is what most fans want, or because the mediots are just hate-filled morons, or both.
If you ever have such questions, just think about it in terms of money. Almost every decision made by the networks is to make money.

The reason why the average fan "wants" this type of thing is because our culture has been purposefully shaped to raise our children to be selfish, entitled a-holes who don't work together and spin all new information to fit the agenda that was chosen for them.

I suspect it is like the music industry, with the product being the most amount of attraction and least amount of work. It takes effort - and financial risk - to search for transcendent artists, so instead they just pump out the same-old-same-old, only adapting when absolutely forced to.... and then following the new same-old-same-old.

On a similar tangent, I was talking with my brother-in-law on Thanksgiving and he started complaining about Bob Kraft, how his penny pinching ways restricted Bill's ability to sign and re-sign guys, even going as far as saying, "what is wrong with having a guy like Adrian Peterson around?"

Of course I was mortified and tried explaining to him that a) it's Bill who he should be complaining about and b) NE spends as much as any other team.... blah blah blah....

Now, in fairness, my BIL isn't the most educated football fan. What really disappointed me is that he thought this because that's what his more (theoretically) football savvy friends say.

I guess that's a long way of saying, there's a lot of uninformed people out there. And it's not like the truth is hard to find even with the lack of insightful analysis on major media outlets.

I guess that's a long way of saying, there's a lot of uninformed people out there. And it's not like the truth is hard to find even with the lack of insightful analysis on major media outlets.
Searching for the truth can be uncomfortable and even scary at times. That said, people grow the most when they realize that strongly held beliefs are wrong. Although many believe they are more comfortable in maintaining their illusions, the long term damage is far greater than the short term stress caused by challenging your own beliefs.

Last edited:
I suspect it is like the music industry, with the product being the most amount of attraction and least amount of work. It takes effort - and financial risk - to search for transcendent artists, so instead they just pump out the same-old-same-old, only adapting when absolutely forced to.... and then following the new same-old-same-old.

Does that make Warren Sapp Autotune? :p

(Maybe) Stupid question.. so who of the two Detroit players screwed up here ?

Not an X O guy here, but i think the answer is, Detroit needed to calla time out. Seems like they put Det in a situation where their LBs/DBs individually did the right thing, but it caused a lapse in coverage somewher, no matter what they chose.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in cause it's a great question.

Does that make Warren Sapp Autotune? :p

I can not figure out what sapp and Tomlinson bring to the nfl network. Same with cocaine snorting Irvin.

At least sanders breaks down defenses every blue moon.

I would love to see the network replace sapp, Tomlinson and coke head Irvin with real talent.

Not an X O guy here, but i think the answer is, Detroit needed to calla time out. Seems like they put Det in a situation where their LBs/DBs individually did the right thing, but it caused a lapse in coverage somewher, no matter what they chose.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable will chime in cause it's a great question.

It looked like miscommunication when Edelman & Vereen did that switch. One of the OLB/Safety should have been on Gronk instead of them both going for Edelman.

But they didn't really have much time to react and change things, which is something else Mayock points out in the video with a different play. Those changes of pace really do keep defenses off balance.

I think it's like the TV networks -- or beer. No one thought that shows like The Wire or The West Wing would take off. And no one thought there'd be a market for craft beers instead of Bud Lite. But there is. Now it may be that the more sophisticated stuff doesn't appeal to the majority -- still, the market is so huge that even appealing to 20% is a big deal.

And football is a very tough game to understand. When you watch Lionel Messi run through a defence, it's pretty obvious that he is doing it by amazing agility, balance and co-ordination. When you see a receiver come wide open, though, there's much more to it. And people (well, those who aren't complete morons) will naturally want to learn why.

So leave the ranty shouty stuff to ESPN. The NFL Network is a premium product. If I pay for it, I want something more sophisticated.

I can not figure out what sapp and Tomlinson bring to the nfl network. Same with cocaine snorting Irvin.

At least sanders breaks down defenses every blue moon.

I would love to see the network replace sapp, Tomlinson and coke head Irvin with real talent.

Failing that, more former Patriots would work. ;)

Great!

Now if they'd only take those idiots shouting at one another off the NFL Channel and turn it over to analyses like this ...

Nobody is going to want to listen to the detailed breakdowns 24 hours a day, especially when it involves games they didn't watch, involving teams they don't follow. That's why both ESPN and NFLN only do such breakdowns in limited doses.

Great!

Now if they'd only take those idiots shouting at one another off the NFL Channel and turn it over to analyses like this ...
That doesn't sell to the masses. Most football fans, have very little to no understanding of the nuances of the game; instead of watching analysts break down all 22 flim, they'd rather watch bufoons such as Skip Baseless make statements such as "Tim Tebow is a great Quarterback ". I'm just glad the NFL made coaches flim available to the public.

Great!

Isn't one of those idiots our very own Willie McGinest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back