PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe it's his SHOULDER

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
That's what I think. I've been mulling it over a bit and I have to wonder why

A) Every week Brady is marked as questionable or probable with a shoulder injury.

B) Tom has been uncharacteristically inaccurate this season.

C) Then on top of that the Pats work out ancient Vinny Testaverde. Doesn't that smell a little of desperation?

I think the Pats might have a serious concern at the QB position, nm the mess that the WR corps is in. If Tom really isn't healthy the whole season is in danger.

D) Maybe that sitdown talk with Pioli was to find out if Tom was hurting rather than the "talking to" that some posters imagined.

Am I totally crazy here or is it possible that Tom isn't operating at 100% physically? It's hard to be accurate if you're favoring an injury. Isn't it the teams job to look into this more carefully? I'm sure they'd never tell US if Brady was actually hurting. His arm could be amputated and they'd list him as questionable.

Last edited:
I've never seen him listed as Questionable. Always probable, same as last year. I think anyone who thinks he's hurt is reaching.

The guy had a sports hernia the second half of last season and played just fine. I'm pretty sure he's A-OK. I have no idea what the whole shoulder-probable thing is about, but it's never worried me.

If anything, maybe Tom is struggling with a) being used to playing healthy and not having to compensate for the sports hernia b) working out the refinements he made to his mechanics in the offseason (as documented in a Globe article).

Brady will be fine. Tiger Woods refines his swing every couple years, each time it takes a little while for it to become natural to his muscles. It's the same principle for anything in sports, if you make adjustments, it takes time to become part of your "muscle memory".

Besides, half of his misthrows (of which there aren't that many) are b/c someone ran a poor route (ie. Reche) or b/c they weren't open.

VJCPatriot said:
That's what I think. I've been mulling it over a bit and I have to wonder why

A) Every week Brady is marked as questionable or probable with a shoulder injury.

B) Tom has been uncharacteristically inaccurate this season.

C) Then on top of that the Pats work out ancient Vinny Testaverde. Doesn't that smell a little of desperation?

I think the Pats might have a serious concern at the QB position, nm the mess that the WR corps is in. If Tom really isn't healthy the whole season is in danger.

D) Maybe that sitdown talk with Pioli was to find out if Tom was hurting rather than the "talking to" that some posters imagined.

Am I totally crazy here or is it possible that Tom isn't operating at 100% physically? It's hard to be accurate if you're favoring an injury. Isn't it the teams job to look into this more carefully? I'm sure they'd never tell US if Brady was actually hurting. His arm could be amputated and they'd list him as questionable.

Maybe it's his RECEIVERS...

1) I can't remember him ever being listed as questionable, save for the week after his shin injury last year.

2) He's been listed as probable with a shoulder injury for something like 3 yeras now. Don't remember him being this bad in last year...

3) He played through a sports hernia and shin injury and the shoulder "injury" last year and put him career numbers.

4) This is BB's little way of showing up the NFL about the myriad perils of their injury report system. Remember those few weeks when they waited a half hour or so after the injury report came out to add Brady as probable? Or that week after the Falcons screwed around with Vick's status to list all their players as questionable until Friday?

captain stone said:
Maybe it's his RECEIVERS...

I agree. Not extending their arms 10 yards into the sideline bench area to catch a critical third down pass is inexcusable. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's his head.

If he is injured, I think it may be in his lower body. I noticed he wasn't really setting his feet on many of his throws. Ther was more than one occasion Sunday where he threw off of his back foot and other times where he threw off balance/stride. His upper and lower body seemed to be out of synch. This could be what BB was talking about when he said that Denver was a step ahead of the offense. Perhaps Brady was rushing through his delivery to avoid this and it was affecting his mechanics.

Just my .02.

pats1 said:
I agree. Not extending their arms 10 yards into the sideline bench area to catch a critical third down pass is inexcusable. :rolleyes:

I agree that there were passes that were uncatchable. Are you implying, then, that TB deserves more, and the WRs less, of the blame than folks like me are giving him? If that's true, then what is causing these unimpressive performances? Is it physical, mental, emotional, or a combination thereof?

captain stone said:
I agree that there were passes that were uncatchable. Are you implying, then, that TB deserves more, and the WRs less, of the blame than folks like me are giving him? If that's true, then what is causing these unimpressive performances? Is it physical, mental, emotional, or a combination thereof?

All of the above.

Even before this horrible game for him on Sunday, I could tell something was wrong mentally:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=195104&postcount=30

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=196191&postcount=30

Last edited:
pats1 said:

How about not getting open on said play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back