PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel = GREAT Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 years ago I came on this board and compared Matt stylistically to Elway.

Mike Silver, who went to Cal when John played at Stanford, always laughed at that. He may not quite have that level of talent, but I really don't think he's far off....and his accuracy is getting more consistent week to week.

Now people are slowly waking up (see: simmons)

Tom was NEVER the comparison....TOTALLY DIFFERENT QBS. Sure, Matt has picked up some of 12's mannerisms but they're still both cut from different molds. Matt is a highly athletic scrambler with size and a big arm -- he will always fit that mold....Tom is simply the purest passer the game has ever seen.

Matt could play a few other positions (TE/S).....Tom? Not so much :)

For Matt, the instinct to run will always be there, but he's getting more experience and settling down and seeing the field better and that's helping him read his progressions more efficiently. Now when he runs, he's gaining big time yardage....

He can throw it deep too....he just needs to get some timing with Moss.....it will be there, I promise.

Anyway, I guess nobody's laughing at my comparison anymore.

Last edited:
3 years ago I came on this board and compared Matt stylistically to Elway.

Mike Silver, who went to Cal when John played at Stanford, always laughed at that. He may not quite have that level of talent, but I really don't think he's far off....and his accuracy is getting more consistent week to week.

Now people are slowly waking up (see: simmons)

Tom was NEVER the comparison....TOTALLY DIFFERENT QBS. Sure, Matt has picked up some of 12's mannerisms but they're still both cut from different molds. Matt is a highly athletic scrambler with size and a big arm -- he will always fit that mold....Tom is simply the purest passer the game has ever seen.

Matt could play a few other positions (TE/S).....Tom? Not so much :)

For Matt, the instinct to run will always be there, but he's getting more experience and settling down and seeing the field better and that's helping him read his progressions more efficiently. Now when he runs, he's gaining big time yardage....

He can throw it deep too....he just needs to get some timing with Moss.....it will be there, I promise.

Anyway, I guess nobody's laughing at my comparison anymore.

I hope you're not seriously comparing them. Cassel has yet to finish a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft