PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney game by game statlogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ran over that Ohio State defense which had 3 guys go in the first round, and two in the 3rd.

I wonder what happened against Penn and Iowa, Though.
Noticed that both games were blow out losses for Minneosota so they probably decided to risk him to injury if the game was out of reach so soon......

....I hope.

someone stated that he just got shut down against Penn State and didnt play much against Iowa because an ankle injury he played through end of season

Remix 6 said:
someone stated that he just got shut down against Penn State and didnt play much against Iowa because an ankle injury he played through end of season

Yup, exactly..

Penn State's DL was good, and especially when they know you're going to run and stack up 9 guys on the line...you aren't going to do much

yeah and they had very good DBs in Zematis and Philips aswell as that Safety whatever his name was..so covering Gopher WRs wasnt tough..not much of a worry

I was at the PSU game.

9 guys in the box everyplay. Minnesota O-Line got outplayed ALL DAY by the PSU D-Line. No respect for the passing game, the defense keyed on the running game as their focus/"thing to stop" on that day. I would say it was more the Oline's fault than Maroney's. They got flat-out outplayed in that game.

363839 said:
I wonder what happened against Penn and Iowa, Though.
Noticed that both games were blow out losses for Minneosota so they probably decided to risk him to injury if the game was out of reach so soon......

....I hope.

That and when you're losing bad you pass a lot.

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
That and when you're losing bad you pass a lot.

PFnV

Ah, yes! Forgot about that.

Remix 6 said:
yeah and they had very good DBs in Zematis and Philips aswell as that Safety whatever his name was..so covering Gopher WRs wasnt tough..not much of a worry

The problem is w/the Gophers QB..he's inconsistant. There are a few WR on Minnesota that're good. I mean, they had a few WR over 6'5" that usually caught everything.

Cupito was 16-28 that game for 175 yards.

On the other hand, the reserve RB Russell had 53 yards on 8 carries, but that may have been mostly in the 4th Quarter when PSU put in their 2nd and 3rd team defense probably and Minnesota put in their 2nd team offense I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back