PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

March 9 Mock from NFLdraftcountdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm diggin this mock, I think its a bit more accurate than other sites recent mocks.

meh i think this one is just so so

#23 #34 #47 #58 --------#89 #120

The more I look at that draft position and think about it the more I like it.

Basicly a pick every 11 picks apart. How sweet a setup is that for BB...

Should be an extremely interesting day 1 for all us fans.... I feel elated with these first 4 picks so closely spaced together.

We all like Delmas, but given our safety situation, aren't we better waiting even until 58 for our safety (since there are four other fine safeties), as long as we use 23, 34 and 47 with high value picks. Worst case, we trade up from 58 using our 89. The more I look at this, the less I want to use one of top three picks on a safety.

It probably depends on how the FO rates the 4-5 safeties (Sean Smith, Louis Delmas, William Moore, Patrick Chung and Rashad Johnson) and where things stand at the start of the 2nd round and around pick 40. If we really like a couple of those guys much more than the others, and particularly if one of them comes off early, then I see us using one of our earlier picks. If they are clumped pretty closely together and if they don't come off the board until the 40's, then you're absolutely right.

I've been using #47 for a safety because of the high priority I've been placing on finding a long-term starting calibre safety opposite Meriweather. But your argument is a strong one.

Given the relative inexperience of Barwin and Mathews, it is not hard to imagine BB going after a four year starter like Sintim.

But then when you factor in game film and Sintim's pedestrian timein the 40, you have to ask yourself, why?

Productive multi-year starter in an identical defense? Led the nation in sacks from the linebacking position? What would we do with a guy like that?

I think Sintim is a fine pick. My only concern is his coverage of the flats, but I think with coaching he'll be at least adequate.

We all like Delmas, but given our safety situation, aren't we better waiting even until 58 for our safety (since there are four other fine safeties), as long as we use 23, 34 and 47 with high value picks. Worst case, we trade up from 58 using our 89. The more I look at this, the less I want to use one of top three picks on a safety.

A I mock out scenarios, I find myself coming to the same conclusion. The strategic value always turns out to lie elsewhere at #34 & 47.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back