PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny rejects Dodgers 1 year deal

CMcCartney

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
"It didn't take Manny Ramirez long to turn thumbs-down on the Los Angeles Dodgers' latest attempt to bring him back to Chavez Ravine.

Just hours after the Dodgers offered him a one-year, $25-million contract that would have made him the second-highest paid player in baseball and the highest-paid outfielder in baseball history, Ramirez and agent Scott Boras informed the team late Monday night that they'd rejected that offer."

Manny Ramirez rejects Los Angeles Dodgers' one-year, $25 million offer - ESPN

If there is a God, Manny will be playing in a beer league somewhere this season.. What a punk.. Where does this guy want to play? And since Boras is directing this bum, it makes it even more disgusting.. Earth to Manny- most teams don't want you or your attitude.. Take your bat and go home..

Why would you reject 25 million for one year???

Id still welcome him home.

Why would you reject 25 million for one year???

Because Boras has convinced Manny's feeble mind that there are teams out there that are going to give him 4 years and $100M plus.. I've heard a lot of those 'unnamed' GM's saying they wouldn't sign Manny because of the way he quit on the Sox, and I wasn't convinced.. I'm starting to be convinced.. Has any team other than the Giants shown interest in this guy? We are in February.. ST isn't too far away...

Last edited:
So now he's turned down a 2-year $45 million and a 1 -year $25 million. He had that 4-year on his mind when he punked the Red Sox ... nobody in their right mind will give him more years after the crap he has pulled.

So now I'm thinking I can do what Boras does ... it seems easy.
Whatever they offer you say no ... to make it appear there is another bidder.
If your balls feel large enough then also say no to a 2nd offer so they think perhaps 2 more teams are bidding.
Other than possibly the Giants ... who exactly wants Manny at 3 or 4 years ... $75 to $100+ million?

Last edited:
Hiring Scott Boras last year was Manny's biggest career mistake

My gut says Boras told him to take it and Manny's just being petulant. Boras is a greedy jerk but he's no fool.

My gut says Boras told him to take it and Manny's just being petulant. Boras is a greedy jerk but he's no fool.

I dunno, I think Manny is being mind controlled by Boras, the guy is a snake who would sell his own mother.

By the way, Manny did not tank his last month in Boston even when he wanted out... look at his stats, they were as good as he ever hit and the best hitter on the team

I dunno, I think Manny is being mind controlled by Boras, the guy is a snake who would sell his own mother.

By the way, Manny did not tank his last month in Boston even when he wanted out... look at his stats, they were as good as he ever hit and the best hitter on the team

Sitting out with obvious questionable injuries isn't quiting on your team?

By the way, Manny did not tank his last month in Boston even when he wanted out... look at his stats

The jerk can hit falling out of bed.. The fact that the whole team voted unanimously to have him gone speaks volumes..

Sitting out with obvious questionable injuries isn't quiting on your team?

He burned his own bridges and it was definitely his fault, at the urging of Satan Boras in his ear manipulating the strings.

But when someone says a player 'tanked' it, it's not like Manny went Vince Carter on us and sucked for a long time. Manny played more games that month than almost anyone and was the best hitter, so I guess we have different definition for 'tanking'.

He did force his way out of town in a horrible stupid way, no question.

Manny taking 3 straight pitches down the middle of the plate vs Rivera and the Yankees is "tanking".

He burned his own bridges and it was definitely his fault, at the urging of Satan Boras in his ear manipulating the strings.

But when someone says a player 'tanked' it, it's not like Manny went Vince Carter on us and sucked for a long time. Manny played more games that month than almost anyone and was the best hitter, so I guess we have different definition for 'tanking'.

He did force his way out of town in a horrible stupid way, no question.
And why is burning bridges and forcing his way out of town any different than sucking for a long period of time? Purposely doing things that hurt your team is quitting on your team. And doing your best to leave that team is absolutely hurting them.

Last edited:
And why is burning bridges and forcing his way out of town any different than sucking for a long period of time?

Manny is a little immature kid who made the mistake of signing satan as his agent last year.

Burning bridges was out of line, and Manny deserved to be booted out of town.

But he never quit in terms of helping the Sox win, his stats before he was traded were excellent.

Based on his recent contract rejection, it's pretty clear Boras is running the show.

But he never quit in terms of helping the Sox win, his stats before he was traded were excellent.
I understand he put up great numbers before he was traded. But that doesn't change the fact that he couldn't care less about the team and wanted to be elsewhere. Doing something for his own benefit at the expense of the team is quitting on them.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back