PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning/Drew attack disgusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From what I've heard about the specifcs in the restaurant attack involving Ricky Manning Jr. and Maurice Drew, it was a disgusting, unprovoked mugging of a guy on a computer.

Supposedly, this gangly, geeky guy was working on a laptop, and they started harrassing him, calling him a geek, and then started punching and kicking the @*&% out of him. He lost consciousness, and they bolted.

It makes me sick, and if they get off because they have money, or because they are celebrities, something is very wrong.

Manning is on probation for an assault in 2002. These #@$%& should be locked up for this, IMO.

I have no tolerance for actions like this (if it turns out to be true). People that can prey on the innocent or less fortunate should have their nutz sliced off...at least they would have less testosterone then and be able to manage their aggression a little easier.

Bostonian1962 said:
From what I've heard about the specifcs in the restaurant attack involving Ricky Manning Jr. and Maurice Drew, it was a disgusting, unprovoked mugging of a guy on a computer.

Supposedly, this gangly, geeky guy was working on a laptop, and they started harrassing him, calling him a geek, and then started punching and kicking the @*&% out of him. He lost consciousness, and they bolted.

It makes me sick, and if they get off because they have money, or because they are celebrities, something is very wrong.

Manning is on probation for an assault in 2002. These #@$%& should be locked up for this, IMO.

I would have loved for those clowns to try that with me...

Forget the nether region, and bring back the Lobotomy!!!!

I don't know where the he!! I've been, but this is the first I've heard of it. I take it happened recently?

Bostonian1962 said:

All they really need is for the victim to get pissed off enough to press the charges and not be bought off. Hard to turn down the money he's going to get offered to let it go though. Be interesting to see just how much it costs these idiots to let it go unprosecuted - - - or, hopefully, maybe they screwed up enough to have attacked precisely the wrong fan who will be determined to see their butts in jail (a fanatical fan of another team perhaps). I personally hope the guy has sufficient stones and anger to insist these ***holes go to jail!

:mad:

Last edited:
According to PFT, he was also a muslim.

Can you say "hate crime'?

Throw the key away!

JAGS KNEW ABOUT DREW?

The agent for former UCLA running back Maurice Drew claims that the Jacksonville Jaguars knew about his alleged involvement in the assault of a man at a Denny's in Westwood.

Specifically, agent Adisa Bakari tells the Florida Times-Union that Drew was present when the incident occurred, but didn't take part.

But Drew's disclosure that he was present but not involved is one thing. It remains to be seen whether Drew told the Jags -- or anyone -- that he'd actually been arrested following the incident.

As far as we can tell, no one within league circles knew that Drew had actually been arrested. In fact, most of our regular contacts hadn't even heard about Drew's potential involvement in the days before the draft.

Per one league source, NFL Security sent a fax to teams on draft day discussing Drew's potential involvement, explaining that the league was cooperating with authorities, and advising that there would be a full investigation. Given this significant unknown so close in time to the draft, the source was "shocked" that the Jaguars pulled the trigger on Drew in round two.

And here's another curious factor that sets off our patent-pending bullpoopie detector. Bakari claimed before the draft that Drew and Bears cornerback Ricky Manning, Jr. are not acquaintances. However, Thursday's AP story says that Drew and Manning were in the same vehicle when they both were arrested.

Finally, here's one more tidbit regarding the incident that we've picked up from our discussions with league sources over the past few weeks.

The alleged victim is Muslim.

Maybe now the "real" media will get to the bottom of this one.

This does have to be looked at...I thought it was bad enough attacking a poor guy with a PC early in the morning...THAT was bad..but add this HATE CRIME element?? It is so so much worse!! All 3 should be charged, convicted and put away...that simple!!

IT sounds like Manning was the main assailant going by the espn article. However Drew left with Manning in the same VEHICLE. Thus it is impossible as the agent asserts for Drew not to have known Manning. They left together, it's reasonable to assume they arrived together. They are at least acquaintances if not friends.

I suspect that Drew was at least a spectator if not participant in the violence. Maybe the extent of his participation was shouting beat up the geek, who knows. Wish there were some eyewitness accounts of the incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft