Malcolm Mitchell is quickly becoming one of my favs

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Malcolm Mitchell surprises young Patriots fan with birthday present

Really nice story about this 12-year old kid who wanted to spend his birthday at Patriot Place, which happened to be where Mitchell was signing copies of his book, "The Magician's Hat."

“We got into a conversation and were talking about my birthday and stuff,” Joly relayed. “That’s when he said, ‘It’s your birthday, I want to buy you something.’ And I was like, ‘No, it’s fine.’ Then he asked me what jerseys I have. I told him I have an Edelman, a Gronk, but I really wanted a Malcolm Mitchell jersey. So he gave a dude his credit card and he got me a Malcolm Mitchell jersey. I was kind of mind blown.”

One twist, however, is that the Patriots ProShop isn’t currently selling Mitchell jerseys. But staffers have the capability of making them, and they quickly sprang to action behind the scenes to do so.

Soon enough, Mitchell signed his name on the back of it, adding “SB LI Champs!!!” underneath his signature.

Joly’s mother, Heidi Henry, fought back tears as it unfolded, saying later, “It was the nicest thing that has ever happened to us.”

People are rightfully concentrating on Hogan in his second year and Cooks in his first and I feel like they're somewhat forgetting about Mitchell. The kid has what it takes to be a beast at split-end and was clutch in the Super Bowl. His second year leap is one of the dark horse stories that I'm most interested in watching in 2017. This receiving corps is loaded.

Yeah mine too. On and off the field.

Was rewatching the mic'd up SB turning point and after they had sacked Ryan to put them out of FG range they show MM on the bench, "I like it.....I like it Tommy" hahahaha

At approx 30:15

In the Super Bowl, Malcolm Mitchell was...

tenor.gif

...money. :)

My Dad waited two hours in line to have him sign The Magician's Hat as a first birthday present for my daughter. He took the time to write a personalized note to both of us and take a photo with my Dad. This is all two weeks after the super bowl. He is all class, typical BB guy, high IQ on and off the field. Haha, and of course its the one book my now 18 month old isnt alowed to touch!

Clearly an awesome guy. Flashed signs of potential excellence last year and was clutch in big moments at least a few times. Definitely looking forward to what kind of "second-year leap" he has.

Mitchell and Amendola are both excellent receivers who could be #2 wideouts in some formationa. The fact that they're our 4th and 5th guys is astounding.

I've always wanted to write a children's book, but unfortunately I didn't make it to the NFL, so I would have no idea what I was doing.

Really like this story.. wonder if the Pro Shop will be stocking some Mitchell jerseys in the near future??

Nice to see a guy turn to the "magic" of reading..

In the Super Bowl, Malcolm Mitchell was....money. :)

And the stunning nature of that SB win has us overlooking this. How many rookies are able to keep their heads during the SB, particularly when the team is that far behind? That's why his second year leap is a good bet.

How are they going to play all these guys?!

He will be a Edelman-Type fan favorite in a few years, book it.

People are rightfully concentrating on Hogan in his second year and Cooks in his first and I feel like they're somewhat forgetting about Mitchell. The kid has what it takes to be a beast at split-end and was clutch in the Super Bowl. His second year leap is one of the dark horse stories that I'm most interested in watching in 2017. This receiving corps is loaded.

His numbers were decent for a rookie but the eye test tells you that he has a great future ahead of him. And the fact that Brady trusted him the way he did with the season the line, and that he delivered makes him a player teams are going to have to be concerned with.

His numbers were decent for a rookie but the eye test tells you that he has a great future ahead of him. And the fact that Brady trusted him the way he did with the season the line, and that he delivered makes him a player teams are going to have to be concerned with.

One bizarre play during the SB that I didn't understand until a poster pointed it out to me was when MM caught the ball for a first down and then immediately put the ball on the ground. At the time I was thinking, "Wtf is he doing?" but now know he was making sure he got the first down. Biggest moment on the biggest possible stage and he's completely in the game.

The guy has all the tools. He'll be fun to watch next season.

He will be a Edelman-Type fan favorite in a few years, book it.

He's already shown the toughness. I thought that pre-season elbow injury was going to cost him the year. I did the same thing the first day of the big ice storm we got in 1998 and broke my elbow.

And the stunning nature of that SB win has us overlooking this. How many rookies are able to keep their heads during the SB, particularly when the team is that far behind? That's why his second year leap is a good bet.

Targets is really the only concern I have with Brandin Cooks. He's a superstar talent but he is like Moss in wanting the ball all the time. Hopefully he enjoys winning so much that it won't be an issue.

Targets is really the only concern I have with Brandin Cooks. He's a superstar talent but he is like Moss in wanting the ball all the time. Hopefully he enjoys winning so much that it won't be an issue.

You'd have to think that he knows that going to the Pats. It's pretty much common knowledge at this point.

Only two rookies in NFL history have had more receptions in a SB than Mitchell: Torry Holt and Joseph Addai.

Yeah mine too. On and off the field.

Was rewatching the mic'd up SB turning point and after they had sacked Ryan to put them out of FG range they show MM on the bench, "I like it.....I like it Tommy" hahahaha

At approx 30:15

Can't watch that too many times.

I actually saw something I hadn't noticed before, though.

On White's TD run on the tying drive in regulation, right before the snap, you hear the lined-up, miked-up Edelman (at 33:19 in that video) saying "Go in, I got this guy." And sure enough, on the snap Edelman takes out the legs of the LB (#59) trying to come in from the outside and White runs it in just inside of Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes