PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the type of thing this organization has spent years trying to avoid. Not liking the prospects of this big Kraft/Belichick/Brady meeting now. And Belichick does not have favorable ground on it imo.

You could certainly speculate off of that, but I wouldn't be one doing that. I'm just noting that Butler's getting supported after putting out his statement.
I think it definitely discredits the whole “Malcolm did something bad” theory. But I don’t think it means anything in terms of Brady being mad at Bill for the decision.

Did they tell you that?

Stop it, Andy. Just look at the support his teammates are giving him. I know you are one of those “everything is fake news” people unless there is 100% proof. Just connect the dots.

If I am brady i am ticked watching my defense give up 41 and having butler in uniform on the sidelines. You have to try anything at that point.

You don't bench the guy that got you there.

You don't play him for 98% of the seasons snaps, through injuries all over the team Butler was the constant solid on the back end keeping things together, even if hes not playing up to his standards, and then decide LUL were benching you for the most important game.

It's completely mind bogglingly crazy sauce.

20 years from now this is going to be brought up during the special 30 for 30 "2 goats and a bucket of rings."
So you argument is what belichick did was insane and doesnt understand football.
There can only be 2 possibilities.

1) belichick is insane and doesn’t know football or
2) the facts you don’t knie aren’t what you are assuming them to be.

Are you honestly telling me you think it’s 1?

Brady commenting on this speaks volumes, to me at least. Whatever Butler did, Brady thought the punishment didn't fit the crime.

Instead of going for the 6th ring to tie the Steelers in NFL History of "Most Super Bowl's", Belichick did what he thought was right. Whether I agree with it or not, I can respect the conviction of doing what he thought was right for the team going forward, not for one game; even though it blew up in his face.

It sucks. But it's over now, and I'd rather have BB as our coach than anyone else. I'd also rather have Tom Brady as our QB over anyone else. I sincerely hope a choice doesn't have to made between the two of them.

Ross is just covering for ivan who has been defending his stance slightly worse then the patriots secondary without butler on the field during the superbowl, which is to say very very badly.

I’m not having any trouble defending my stance. If you lose the trust and faith of others that’s on you, and in this case that’s on Butler. And the people disgracing themselves are the ingrate fans sh!tting all over a coach who has brought this franchise to 12 AFCCG’s and 8 Super Bowls, winning 8 conference championships and 5 Lombardi’s.

All these threads have done is demonstrate to the 31 that the Patriots have some of the worst fans on earth. Belichick should tell New England to pound sand and go coach a rival, that’s what you deserve.

You people are horrible fans who don’t appreciate anything and believe you are entitled to Championships. Suck it.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the thread ( I missed the last 30 pages) - but someone quoted on WEEI mentioned Bill soured on Butler weeks ago and had to be talked out of benching him in the AFCCG by the coach(es). And that BB had also soured on Mitchell in that he was ready to play weeks ago.. fwiw

Stop it Andy. Just look at the support his teammates are giving him. I know you are one of those “everything is fake news” people unless there is 100% proof. Just connect the dots.
What support? No one said a word.

Liking his tweet that’s thanks the fans and says goodbye isn’t saying you think belichick was wrong and butler did nothing wrong.
Do you know nothing about people?

Brady commenting on this speaks volumes, to me at least. Whatever Butler did, Brady thought the punishment didn't fit the crime.

Instead of going for the 6th ring to tie the Steelers in NFL History of "Most Super Bowl's", Belichick did what he thought was right. Whether I agree with it or not, I can respect the conviction of doing what he thought was right for the team going forward, not for one game; even though it blew up in his face.

It sucks. But it's over now, and I'd rather have BB as our coach than anyone else. I'd also rather have Tom Brady as our QB over anyone else. I sincerely hope a choice doesn't have to made between the two of them.

What did Brady say?

Yes, Butler being dusted all over the field this postseason and then being schemed out of a SB gameplan, means his lack of playing in the SB on Sunday cost this team a title.

LMAO

One of the dumbest comments possible. A dwarf CB is not matching up 1:1 in man on 6'3 or 6'4 WRs.

Didn't we learn that lesson in SB 49?

Right, if only the Eagles had some smaller WR who Butler could have taken out. Too bad they chose to play with only two receivers.

Jesus learn to read man. I didn't say it was disciplinary. I said that him breaking that curfew rule is what essentially triggered BB after a week of reportedly bad practices when he already missed time in the previous week since he was sick.

Just go and read what Thornton wrote.

Barstool Sports

This is pretty much my take on it all.

I'm not about to argue semantics on this. Implying he broke a rule that caused him to be benched the entire game would mean he was being sat due to bad discipline = disciplinary. Either he was sat because he broke a rule or didn't. Which is it? Bringing up broken rules isn't helping your argument that you aren't saying it wasn't disciplinary. You don't need to say it outright. Your posting alludes to it enough.

The truth has to come out over this otherwise the 'In Bill We Trust' mantra will start to ring hollow.

If it was such a serious disciplinary issue then why was he even on the field? If it was not disciplinary that only leaves performance related concerns, but by the 2nd half it was clear things could not be any worse with Butler in there so why not take the chance with him. The best thing for the team reason sounds like BS to me. If it is not over a serious breach of conduct then it's just a major screw up by Bill in my opinion. Yes, Butler may have underperformed this year, but he still could have been the difference between just plain bad and historically bad and in the end a difference maker with just one key stop.

This is not like Lawyer Milloy, Jonas Gray, Jamie Collins etc, because in all of those situation there was a margin of error.

Things seemed weird around the team going into the SB and are a lot weirder coming out. I'm not saying the sky is falling, they may be amazing next year, but there seems to be a lot to work out.

If our new defensive coordinator can finally get us that lights-out defense, I think we should be back in a good position next season.
What did Brady say?

Tom Brady: “Love you Malcolm. You are always an incredible player and teammate and friend. Always!!!!!!”

What support? No one said a word.

Liking his tweet that’s thanks the fans and says goodbye isn’t saying you think belichick was wrong and butler did nothing wrong.
Do you know nothing about people?

If butler screwed his teammates by not doing everything he could to help his team win a SB, they’d be pissed at him. They are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back