PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Major issues with this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are good thoughts, but offered in a vacuum... was the run's success based on favorable personnel groupings? If I get the chance to play "Rock" to beat the opponents scissors... be careful about playing Rock again when they substitute in their Paper package...
Maybe the paper package can't hold the weight...

I think there's more than smoke about the rumor that the greasey meatball Oline coach not interacting well with players. He picks guys from the practice squad (Devey) over starters Dante put in (Josh Kline) because of his fixation over mere size.

Does it seem that smart and sensitive Nate Solder, who has played much better than this, has checked out? Vollmer isn't going to be demonstrative being German. And there not much talent or the talent is in the form of rookies.

I don't think the new Oline coach is working out all that well.

Hey, Meatball, why don't you have Bill draft this huge guy from Nebraska for Patriot play? http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2325074/cottondown.0.gif

This is an extremely rude and racist remark...

It is hard to follow a legend, especially when you are not given the players.

As far as interacting with the players, Dante was not very popular with him. They respected him, but, they were not friendly with him. He was a hardass...maybe that is what is needed, I don't know, but he was not chummy with the players.

Yeah, let's bring back Scarnecchia, that other "greasy meatball Oline coach.". How long before we start throwing around the " N word" around here?

You must've missed the Desean Jackson Thread...

Going into pre-season I thought this was a SuperBowl calibre team. I thought the Pats could compete for the #1 seed and home field advantage in the playoffs. Of course a lot can change between now and week 16 but from what I've seen so far, this looks like a team that will struggle for a wild card spot.

Tom Kelly was released. Logan Mankins was traded right before the season began. Dobson has been a healthy scratch. Now Kenbrell Thompkins is waived. All those guys were expected to be major players on this team, and 3 out of 4 of them are no longer on the team. Dobson is still unknown, but hasn't been contributing despite being healthy.

Tommy Kelly ASKED for his release because he felt that BB would limit his playing time even though he'd already restructured his contract to put in playing time incentives. BB has never cut/waived a player who re-did their contract during that same year, nor has he prevented people from getting their playing incentives.
Mankins was traded after he wouldn't restructure his deal.
Thompkins could still be back.

Is Ja'Gared Davis really going to contribute more than Kenbrell Thompkins would? Is Joe Vellano really a better option than Tommy Kelly? Is _insert lineman_ an upgrade over Logan Mankins? I think the talent was downgraded with all of those decisions.

Guess you missed Nate Ebner being out for this game. Ja'Gared Davis is taking his spot on Special Teams. A very important spot. Thompkins release had nothing to do with Davis. They are probably sending a message to Thompkins much like they did to Patrick Pass so many moons ago.

Joe Vellano's ability had nothing to do with Tommy Kelly being released.

Play calling is poor. Brady is making bad throws even when he has time. Amendola is invisible. The OLine is terrible, and has no continuity since the coaches are oddly changing o-lineman around every series. The OLine is what it is. They might gel and communicate better as the year goes on, but they are what they are. Solder has regressed big time and has looked like a turnstile.

Amendola hasn't been invisible. That's the problem with people like you. You rant and rave without facts.

The only thing you have correct is that the Play-calling has been poor. But then, even a blind squirrel finds a nut in the woods on occasion.

We got stomped by the Dolphins, barely beat the Raiders at Foxboro, and got humiliated by the Chiefs on primetime. Yeah the team looked good against the Vikings, minus the first defensive series, but not every team has Matt Cassel at QB. The Pats played an attacking style of defense that game and dominated, but haven't attacked nearly as much since then. Alex Smith barely got touched.

Revis hasn't looked great. I think he's being criticized more than he should, but he hasn't shut anyone down except Greg Jennings. The Wallace TD in week 1 was a lucky bounce off his knee, and Revis was about an inch from knocking down a key pass against Dwayne Bowe. I think he'll improve, but he isn't being used as a shut down corner.

Chandler Jones looks great at times. Then he gets misused at other times (Miami) and looks gassed out in other games (Chiefs).

There has been rumors about McDaniels and Dobson having issues. There have also been rumors about the OLineman having issues with the new OLine coach.

Such a common theme since 2007 SB. Teams blitz and hit Brady all game, but our defense barely touches the opposing QB. We've seen it time and time again.

I don't even know how to fix the team this year. They look all around terrible so far. It might be time for a coaching change.

It's not wonder you don't know how to fix the team. You're a Johnny Come Lately Chicken Little who is pretty clueless about football in general.

I'm not sure what to make of this one. A German can't be demonstrative? o_O

Ever hear of WWI and WWII? ;)
tumblr_me4l1tdCY11rwjpnyo1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back