PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Loss of leadership, Faulk can't be the only leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcgraw_wv

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Eldelman, and Welker aren't leader types, and Faulk can't do it alone. No leadership on the D side, none on the Offensive side.

I want to see Moss cut, not for effort or attitude, I want 2 more firey scrapy types in his place. Get Brady back to spreading the ball.

I'm tired of seeing 35 seconds a play. Brady looks liek Manning back there, taking all day and alwyas in shotgun, get up to the line, read the D and go.

No running game, and no attitude on the line... We need a few more German Lineman who are big and nasty.

LBers are sad and pathetic... NO leadership from what's supposed to be the core of the Defense.

You don't find leaders in free agency, or, they are very hard to find...

I don't forsee many answers coming from the off season, I think were in for a few down years but any resurrection.

Were missing Leaders, and it showed all year.

Re: Loss of Leadership, Faulk can't be the only Leader.

Eldelman, and Welker aren't leader types, and Faulk can't do it alone. No leadership on the D side, none on the Offensive side.

I want to see Moss cut, not for effort or attitude, I want 2 more firey scrapy types in his place. Get Brady back to spreading the ball.

I'm tired of seeing 35 seconds a play. Brady looks liek Manning back there, taking all day and alwyas in shotgun, get up to the line, read the D and go.

No running game, and no attitude on the line... We need a few more German Lineman who are big and nasty.

LBers are sad and pathetic... NO leadership from what's supposed to be the core of the Defense.

You don't find leaders in free agency, or, they are very hard to find...

I don't forsee many answers coming from the off season, I think were in for a few down years but any resurrection.

Were missing Leaders, and it showed all year.

We could go after Richard Seymour!;)

We could go after Richard Seymour!;)

Seymour was never much of a leader, he wasn't vocal, he wasn't Harrison, or Brushci, or Vrable. Lossing Seymour was only losing a strong solid player, but he added nothing to leadership of the team.

I love Kevin Faulk. We need more guys like him.

I have said this repeatedly: Giving away Vrable for a bag of peanuts was the WORST off season move of all time for this team.

I have said this repeatedly: Giving away Vrable for a bag of peanuts was the WORST off season move of all time for this team.

If they have Sy and MV this would have been a different team, they would have had a bye week.

If they have Sy and MV this would have been a different team, they would have had a bye week.

Not so sure Sey would have made a difference, but Vrable would have. In the lockerrrom and on the field.

Look, these guys are professional athletes, grown men. It has nothing to do with leadership. It has everything to do with Passion, and having a nasty attitude. That's what this team lost. If some of these guys need a leader to Rah-Rah them into wanting to win than their asses need to go stand by the cheerleaders on the sideline.

This team used to win by playing extremely tough, hard nosed football. Now we are running draws with a shifty back all the time. Apparently Taylor, Morris and Maroney can't pound the ball, at least from the perspective of the coaching staff. The D on the other hand doesn't play with any fire or emotion, that is unless of course they tackle a guy after he makes a 20 yd reception. We need to get back to spreading the ball around in the passing game, and we were able to do that by playing smashmouth football. On the defensive side of the ball, we can't pressure anyone which hurts a lot, and today it was evident (when all of us knew it, so the players and staff had to know it) that the Ravens were going to run, run, run, but yet we couldnt stop it.

Sorry for the rant. I just miss the intensity. On a positive note, Chung, Edelman and Vollmer all look to be tough hard nosed players. Let's just hope that they continue to progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe