PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looks Like Mincey is Really Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
``I was shocked," he said. ``I felt like it was hard for me to develop and learn the system, and I didn't know they wouldn't give me time. I thought there would be a year of development."
This isn't the kind of comment we want to read from the kid, even if he does need time to develop. This is too early to think you won't get a shot at the practice squad, get your head right kid; I've seen that you've got what it takes physically, so get your "head" right.

From the article it seems like he sounded like he was just taking his time with things because he thought he had a year of development.

Speaking of Pierre Woods though. Wow did that kid outplay everyone on the other teams 2nd string. Also at being 6'5'' the Patriots must love the height.

This situation seems like the Mike Wright Situation from last year. Where Rodney Bailey was shockingly cut to make room for UDRFA Mike Wright who can play any position on the line.

That is a bit surprising..maybe they think the PSqd will be full which I thought of as well. With Bramlett posibly Chi;ldress or Kight...Possibly 3 O linemen, possible DLs in Thomas and Smith, maybe ILB Mays and a DB...Spann??? O guess Mincey was the one out..even with nest case scenario. Have been watching him a lot and maybe as he said, he thought a year of development..but really lacked the urgency and thought since he was a draft choice..there was no way he'd get cut and left out...NOT sure.

SeanBruschi54 said:
From the article it seems like he sounded like he was just taking his time with things because he thought he had a year of development.
Exactly...taking his time with things and...not feeling thinking it was urgent..see ya!! I tend to think Mays may be an ILB of the future...

I'm disappointed they didn't put him on the PS. He looked like he had potential.

Doubt anyone would pick him up outright, but who else do they have for the PS?

mcbee said:
I'm disappointed they didn't put him on the PS. He looked like he had potential.

Doubt anyone would pick him up outright, but who else do they have for the PS?
There are plenty of NE cuts who would be good on the Practice Squad and no reason Mincey won't be back in a few weeks. Bramlet seems likely, probably Hand and Stevenson from the O-line, Smith from the D-line, Mays may stick or Roach could be brought back. BB likes to shop around and bring in players to test out in practice, so I expect at least three players who were with other teams to be brought in.

I thought this kid was overrated from the start- which explains why he was drafted late. He is not the next McGinnest. He's just a guy that apparently had a good senior bowl, but never had more than about 1.5 sacks per season in college, as well as low tackle numbers.

Maybe he'll end up on the practice squad, but he's gonna have to impress somebody to make this roster. Woods, who's motivation was questioned by scouts in the draft, seems to have turned up the heat. Meanwhile, Mincey doesn't even stick around town after getting A LOT of personal attention from Belichick for the last 6 months.

Kinda weird. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back