Looking Back: Week 3: Patriots Dominate Buccaneers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Looking Back: Week 3: Patriots Dominate Buccaneers
By:

Here's a look back at the Patriots' week three battle against the Buccaneers, with a closer look at some notable numbers and performers from the game....

The Pats beat the Bucs en route to a 3-0 start, and yet I recall being very nervous about the team following this game.

After all, we had just come off a slopfest performance against the Jets. I know, it was raining, but the offense was MISERABLE. Punt after punt. It looked like we were 'hoping' for first downs instead of expecting them.

so ok, you chalk that up to the weather or 'at least they got their stinker performance out of the way'

but then they rebound with what I thought was a pretty sloppy game against the Bucs as well. Sure, the score seems to say otherwise, but it wasn't pretty. For anyone who remembers this game we were lucky not to be down 21-0 right out of the gate. Again, scoring just seemed so so difficult. Brady was not connecting with his receivers.

Sure, the Pats were 3-0 but I recall thinking how bad they had looked at home to what many considered two of the league's weakest teams. How would thye look on the road? or worse, against a good team?

Fortunately they turned it around

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore