Leonard Hankerson waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

VrabelJr

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Not sure who we're bringing in.

Maybe amendola is a go for tomorrow?

Sucks. Another X receiver bites the dust in this complicated offense.

Or maybe the game plan is ultra conservative & they plan on running 40 times & a fringe receiver was expendable...

My gut tells me they're gonna promote someone from the practice squad who already has knowledge of the playbook.
Nah, I don't think so. If they wanted someone with more knowledge of the system they wouldn't have dressed him for the Titan game.

The only reason I can think of that would cause this kind of waiving so close to the game is that the Pats are very comfortable with who that already have on the team. For me that confirms that Amendola will definitely play on Sunday and is healthy, they are getting more and more comfortable with KMartin's play, AND Edelman is getting very close to getting back to the field (Probably a few snaps vs Miami)

The only other possible reason for cutting a guy the day before a game is that he did something this week so odious that the team felt the need to get him out of the locker room immediately......and I don't think that happened. So I'm going with my first instincts here. DA is healthy, KMartin is progressing, and Edelman is close, very close.

At least Bill was nice enough to wait until after Christmas to cut the guy...

1310572645805.jpg

Might be returning next week:

Looks like if he clears waivers he will be back. So might just be game plan related and want someone from practice squad more in tune with playbook.

Dola had a huge game against the Jets the first time around, if he can't play and with possibly LaFell out I can't see how the Pats win this game. I am not a pessimist so I have to believe we pull it off somehow but Hightower also had a huge game and if he is also out and McCourty it is going to be very difficult to win on the road. Butler did not have a good game covering Decker and Fitz is clicking with both Decker and Marshall. Oh well, it's going to be a long afternoon tomorrow.

Edit: aluminum informed me that a "long afternoon" implies we are going to get blown out. That is not what I meant at all. I meant that it's going to be a stressful, tense game for us patsfans.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't think so. If they wanted someone with more knowledge of the system they wouldn't have dressed him for the Titan game.

The only reason I can think of that would cause this kind of waiving so close to the game is that the Pats are very comfortable with who that already have on the team. For me that confirms that Amendola will definitely play on Sunday and is healthy, they are getting more and more comfortable with KMartin's play, AND Edelman is getting very close to getting back to the field (Probably a few snaps vs Miami)

The only other possible reason for cutting a guy the day before a game is that he did something this week so odious that the team felt the need to get him out of the locker room immediately......and I don't think that happened. So I'm going with my first instincts here. DA is healthy, KMartin is progressing, and Edelman is close, very close.

That's silly logic. They claimed him on Wednesday, they he wouldn't have the playbook down by Sunday. But they probably expected he'd have it down by this Sunday. Since he doesn't they could've waived him for someone with more knowledge of the playbook.

The idea that he played last Sunday means nothing. Other than they liked the guy enough to claim him off waivers and when he didn't learn the offense in time they moved on for the time being.

Especially if Amendola is out, Harper plays the same type game in the slot. Better fit to replace him.

Makes sense, BB doesn't want him at the contract he had when they claimed him.

Still paying him this week.And if re-sign him next week will get same game salary so no savings at all.

You get it, or you don't, that's my opinion. I don't think we'll ever see a mistake like Ocho again, where they wasted months on a guy who didn't, or didn't try, to get with the plan.

Chris Harper to the big show is my guess.

Still paying him this week.And if re-sign him next week will get same game salary so no savings at all.

I don't think that is correct. If he clears waivers they can sign him for whatever they can get Hankerson to agree to.

In the meantime, I think activating Harper for this Sunday's game makes sense.

At least Bill was nice enough to wait until after Christmas to cut the guy...

1310572645805.jpg

The alternative was not to claim Troy Hill, who was waived on Christmas Day.

I don't think that is correct. If he clears waivers they can sign him for whatever they can get Hankerson to agree to.

In the meantime, I think activating Harper for this Sunday's game makes sense.
Yes they can sign him for whatever but he was already at the vet min so in this case, there is no savings if they were to re-sign him next week.

5 yr Vet min salary $745,000=43,824 a game

His salary cap number for Pats. $131,742=43,914 a game.

Last edited:
Or maybe the game plan is ultra conservative & they plan on running 40 times & a fringe receiver was expendable...

if the plan is to run the ball against the jets front, we will lose.

time for scott chandler to earn his paycheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST