PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Le Kevin Smith happy birthday and happy signing day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowpointer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed rookie defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith today (pronounced "Lee-Keevin"). Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. New England selected Smith in the sixth round (206th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Smith, who turned 24 today, started 35 games over the past three seasons at Nebraska and appeared in 49 of 50 possible games during his collegiate career. The 6-foot-1-inch, 308-pound defensive lineman was credited with 172 tackles, including 9.5 sacks and 36 tackles for losses during his collegiate career. His 36 tackles for losses ranks seventh in school history and is second only to Jim Skow (1982-85) among defensive lineman. Last season, he started all 12 games for the Cornhuskers and recorded 43 tackles, including a career-high six sacks.

The Macon, Georgia native attended Stratford Academy, where he helped win two Class 3A state titles and was named the Georgia Player of the Year by USA Today. He also helped Stratford Academy to three straight state titles in track, earning first place in the state in discuss (185'5") and placing second in the shot (59'9-1/2).

Last edited by a moderator:
Crowpointer said:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - The New England Patriots signed rookie defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith today (pronounced "Lee-Keevin"). Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. New England selected Smith in the sixth round (206th overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Smith, who turned 24 today, started 35 games over the past three seasons at Nebraska and appeared in 49 of 50 possible games during his collegiate career. The 6-foot-1-inch, 308-pound defensive lineman was credited with 172 tackles, including 9.5 sacks and 36 tackles for losses during his collegiate career. His 36 tackles for losses ranks seventh in school history and is second only to Jim Skow (1982-85) among defensive lineman. Last season, he started all 12 games for the Cornhuskers and recorded 43 tackles, including a career-high six sacks.

The Macon, Georgia native attended Stratford Academy, where he helped win two Class 3A state titles and was named the Georgia Player of the Year by USA Today. He also helped Stratford Academy to three straight state titles in track, earning first place in the state in discuss (185'5") and placing second in the shot (59'9-1/2).

...some good news, finally. :)
5 more to go.

Excellent news. Could you include a source? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

drpatriot said:
Excellent news. Could you include a source? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
The team website Patriots.com

hmmmm do you all think we are going to have the other 5 signed in time for camp?

tatepatsfan said:
hmmmm do you all think we are going to have the other 5 signed in time for camp?

Of course.

Here's the list:

1 - Maroney - UNSIGNED
2 - Jackson - UNSIGNED
3 - Thomas - UNSIGNED
4 - Mills - SIGNED
4 - Gostkowski - UNSIGNED
5 - O'Callaghan - SIGNED
6 - Mincey - UNSIGNED
6 - Stevenson - SIGNED
6 - Smith - SIGNED
7 - Andrews - SIGNED

"Lee-Keevin" has been pretty much a cipher to me.
Sure, i could fantasize about the benefits the renowned Cornhusker weight room had brought him.
But when we add to the picture ... all-state discus and shot-put, suddenly not only Wright,
but Smith too, would seem to have the edge over Fatso Johnathon.

Marquise Hill also might be well-advised to bring his A-game to camp
... so that this camp doesn't become his final camp.

Lee Keevin...

Screw that, I'll just keep saying The Kevin Smith. (Damned if I'm gonna almost speak French)

SHHHHHH!!!!!!! No one tell SoonerPatriot that the Patriots are signing their players. We want it to be a surprise for him

RI Pats fan..

I can't thank you enough for that post. I laughed my ***** off.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore