PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Latest injury news on Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

The Colts are reportedly unable to control the swelling in Peyton Manning's surgically repaired knee, and whenever Manning goes through extensive movement more swelling results.

The National Football Post's Mike Lombardi, who also writes for SI.com, calls this a "HUGE concern long-term and short-term" and that when Manning is hit, more swelling is inevitable. Lombardi says he was initially convinced Manning would be back for Week 1, but now has doubts. Practicing next week would be encouraging, assuming Manning can keep going.

Breaks my heart to think that there is any possibility that Pay-a-ton will not be a huge factor this year......cmon Pay-a-ton..toughen up.....Take some lessons from Tom Brady

I'm not a Colt fan, but Manning is a great player. These injuries SUCK. I hope that it doesn't hurt his career long term. It seems that a lot of great players have been afflicted by the injury bug lately. :(

I agree. I feel Brady and Manning are linked in some weird cosmic way, and I would never root for Manning's injury to linger. They are two of the all time great QBs, and any football fan should be privileged to see them dominate this era of football, no matter how big a d-bag Manning seems at time, or how much of a nuisance the Colts can be. Manning completes Brady, every great superhero needs a worthy rival.

Last edited:
What Dungy did last year with Harrison ridiculous, yet not once did he catch any heat from it.

He was a "game day decision" for the Pats game, pathetic.

Actually Harrison was out there warming up before the Pats game last year. So he ALMOST did play I think.

But, after that game we hardly ever saw him until the playoffs.

This Manning thing from rotoworld you guys posted yesterday. The Lombardi gossip or etc.

I don't think Manning will miss any time personally but I think they will play with this to make people think he will be out early on.The only factor is if he is ready week 1 and he feels he is ready. Polian and company are stating this is Manning's decision to start the season and if he feels he should.
I think we are a much better team than the Bears overall and would beat them without Manning (I hope) but I would prefer to see Manning NOT Sorgi open up the new stadium. Freeney and Sanders practiced all week and will play a little this weekend. Harrison has not missed a day and has been in preseason games We are slowly getting healthier but we are waiting on Manning. Manning COULD possibly get some snaps in our final preseason game but I kind of hope they hold him out. We'll see.

This is Peyton on Tuesday and I don't think his knee looks swollen but what do I know.
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...=SPORTS11&ArtNo=808200395&Ref=AR&Profile=1217
Before the surgery his knee looked like it had a grapefruit on it.

Dungy on the latest rumors and speculation:
http://www.tribstar.com/colts/local_story_235001135.html

“There’s always going to be [rumors]. There’s always going to be speculation. Maybe that’s good for us. It’ll keep the [Chicago] Bears guessing.”

I am not all that worried. I have seen enough injuries on this team and yes I am sick of it. But, worrying does not help. Just hope for the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft