Welcome to PatsFans.com

Larry Izzo looks ahead (and back)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jmt57, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -1

Larry Izzo looks ahead (and back) by Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald

“My experience with Bill, I think we all owe him a great deal, especially anyone who’s been a part of those Super Bowl teams,” Izzo said. “Our lives are a lot better because of Bill Belichick. There’s no better coach in football in the history of the game. I learned a lot from him on a daily basis. The attention to details, things of that nature.

“The last couple years, he really spent a lot of time with the linebackers. Obviously, I didn’t get much time as a linebacker, but having sat in those meetings, I always enjoyed listening to him . . . I really couldn’t say enough good things about Bill. He’s a great coach and played a huge role in my life. I enjoyed my eight years there, and I’m very grateful that he valued the role that I played and what I brought to the table.”

continued ...
  2. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +300 / 0 / -1

No trouble crossing border: Izzo has made smooth transition to the Jets

No trouble crossing border: Izzo has made smooth transition to the Jets by Christopher Gasper of the Boston Globe

“Obviously, when you first make the move, the first time you’re in the building it’s a little surreal, crossing over to another team in the division,’’ said Izzo, who came to the Patriots in 2001 after five seasons in Miami. “But having done it once already I was able to make a smooth transition.’’

“It wasn’t as if there was any great attempt, not to get into too many details,’’ Izzo said. “It was time to move on. I had a nice conversation with Bill. [Patriots owner] Mr. [Robert] Kraft reached out to me when the news came that I would not be back. The eight years, the experience I had there with that organization, I wouldn’t trade it for the world.’’

continued ...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.