PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lack of Respect For Willie By the Pats? Bull...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
This crap about Willie and any number of other departing free agents not being shown proper respect has just got to stop.

Did McGinest pick up the phone and call BB and Kraft and thank them for the three years they kept him on the roster and paid him MILIONS of dollars when he was always injured and playing at a sub par level? Did McGinest call the front office and show his respect for being part of a well-honed organization that hand picked his teammates so well they won three of five Super Bowls?

Did Givens pick up the phone and say, "Gee, BB, thanks so much for how you and your coaches really helped turn me from a nobody into a legit NFL player?"

Did he show the front office any respect by turning down a solid $17.5 offer after they made him part of 2 SB teams?

He had to go for the money, it was his one big chance, you say? Well, maybe this is the Pat's one big chance at a string of Super Bowls because of Brady. Shouldn't the Pats act just as self-interested as these departing players are praised for being?

Last edited:
Agree

This is a business. They got their rings and got their money. Cleveland threw a ton of money to McGinest. Givens got paid as a number 1 receiver in Tenn. Hey, if you are offered a job paying you 60% more than your current firm, do you stay where you are at out of loyalty? We now call this the "Damon Crisis". I loved both McGinest and Givens, but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

I agrre, but the lack of repect BS is getting tiresome...

The players are coming off as whiners

I sick of hearing the lack of respect complaint in all sports. It's a sign of immaturity and insecurity. I thought Willie and Troy of all people were beyond that. I'm surprised the pursuit of another ring wouldn't have more importance to them.

Crass behavior.

You have to understand that the word "respect" doesn't mean what we think it means to professional athletes. Just substitute the word "money" everytime they use the term "respect" and their comments will make more sense.

Willie is really saying, "I thought they would show me more money."

hwc said:
You have to understand that the word "respect" doesn't mean what we think it means to professional athletes. Just substitute the word "money" everytime they use the term "respect" and their comments will make more sense.

Willie is really saying, "I thought they would show me more money."
Well said........

You're right on about money equaling respect for the players but my post was aimed more at the sympathetic fans and writers (BORGES) who pine for the offended players.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
Did McGinest pick up the phone and call BB and Kraft and thank them for the three years they kept him on the roster and paid him MILIONS of dollars when he was always injured and playing at a sub par level? Did McGinest call the front office and show his respect for being part of a well-honed organization that hand picked his teammates so well they won three of five Super Bowls?

Did Givens pick up the phone and say, "Gee, BB, thanks so much for how you and your coaches really helped turn me from a nobody into a legit NFL player?"
I don't know, did they? Maybe they did. You assume they didn't because they didn't publicly announce it? How are we to know either way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News