PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft's response

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems pretty weak. Almost apologetic to the fans for bending over and accepting the pillaging. Not impressed one bit by Kraft. His comments earlier in the week accepted the oncoming penalties.

Nothing. What does Kraft have to do with this anymore ? He can't get the picks back. It's over. That pick is dead. That he comes out with a statement at all is useless. Words. He "said" (got his people to write) words. Who cares ? Goodell is in place, in large part, THANKS to Kraft and a few others.

I don't understand the whole "the pick is gone" thing. Is that a real fact or is that something someone spouted off and has now become fact?

He needs to begin speaking out against Goodell by name to the media every chance he gets. The league can get a puppet for ownership that will still line their pockets without being a totally incompetent dunce like this assclown former Jet Goodell is. He seriously needs to go. I've never been so convinced of it in my life.

OK people hands up, all of you who still think Goodell destroyed the Spygate tapes to protect his buddy Kraft. Show of hands please.

I don't understand the whole "the pick is gone" thing. Is that a real fact or is that something someone spouted off and has now become fact?

It's actually not quite correct. It should be "the picks are gone", plural.

Unappealable.

According to the letter the NFL has punished M&J today as well. But if it was the Patriots that suspended them first then I don't think that's unusual. I think it makes sense to suspend them if there is accusations of tampering with footballs until things get resolved and we find out what happened.

I wouldn't read into it that much.

If the dumb bastards didn't know enough to be careful what they were texting on work phones owned by the team, then they deserved what they got.
Haha seriously. I do feel kinda bad for Jastremski, who seemed from the texts like a good dude who was just humoring McNally and who never incriminated himself or anyone else in any way. Seems like he god blindsided by these ridiculous accusations as much as anyone else did.

I couldn't care less what happens to McNally, OTOH. For a ****ing ballboy, he sure seemed to have a pretty massive entitlement complex. I wish him the worst.

Last edited:
I hope that Kraft feels like a fool tonight. He should. Goodell has played him for years now. He took good old Bob for a ride out to the country like Silvio used to do in the Sopranos. Bob went quietly, surprising nobody.

I feel bad for Kraft that he let it turn into this ****show because he clearly expected that the punishment wouldn't be so egregious. I would love to know what his initial reaction was to his so-called bestie dropping this today. And this statement reads as dazed to me.

But does the CBA stop an owner getting his political buddies involved? I highly doubt it and they can intervene in a way lawyers can't.
It's not the CBA. It's the agreement every team has with the league as part of their participation

Haha seriously. I do feel kinda bad for Jastremski, who seemed from the texts like a good dude who was just humoring McNally and who never incriminated himself or anyone else in any way. Seems like he god blindsided by these ridiculous accusations as much as anyone else did.

I couldn't care less what happens to McNally, OTOH. For a ****ing ballboy, he sure seemed to have a pretty massive entitlement complex. I wish him the worst in life.
Oh whatever, that's just the hysteria twitter has fabricated over two low-level chronies joking around and bashing their QB who may very well be difficult to work for at times (Tiger Woods chews through golf coaches, Michael Jordan was an ass, etc). Neither of them probably deserve getting thrown under the bus, so since it's apparently true the Pats suspended them, I'd love to know what was the impetus to do that...

I think the Ian Rapoport tweet was Ian's way of showing how out of context things can be made. He tweeted Kraft was ready to accept penalties, but leaves out the rest. He is actually helping the cause.

Kraft let his 3 time SB winning coach go down, and now is 4 time SB winning QB. The media and the fans are happy. Because the media and the fans think Brady did something.

Why wouldn't they. What gave the Oatriots done besides a few carefully crafted words. He didn't fight Wells appointment, he didn't bring in scientific experts, he didn't point to the ridiculous timeline. He did jack ****. The accomplishment of the coach and players are effectively erased in the public's mind because they did nothing.

And then he decides to sacrifice two innocent employees to play are the masses.

I feel bad for Kraft that he let it turn into this ****show because he clearly expected that the punishment wouldn't be so egregious. I would love to know what his initial reaction was to his so-called bestie dropping this today. And this statement reads as dazed to me.

Still on Kraft, IMO. When Goodell was vulnerable this year, it was Kraft who spoke out in his support. It's Kraft's job to understand how incompetent of a ****off this commissioner is. To not just allow Goodell to remain commissioner, but actually support him continually throughout his myriad of **** ups... well, Kraft has either been asleep at the wheel for the past 8 years or he just doesn't care. Neither possibility bodes well for him.

Please read the statement as what it is: a statement from an NFL owner who is looking at at least quasi-legal proceedings and possibly court proceedings turning on how he worded this.

"Was" our intent, "but" the punishment was even more ridiculous than the report (basic text of his response, translated,) is Kraft leaving every option on the table.

Although I do think he should have referred to Goodell as a f**towel somewhere in there too... that's not how this is done.

Sounds to me like Kraft was looking to just accept punishment quietly but was expecting the punishment to be a nominal fine and perhaps a 1-2 game Brady suspension which he knew Brady would appeal and likely win.

When he got backhanded by his best buddy I would imagine he was quite upset. I wouldn't be surprised if he went at Goodell hard at this point.

Yeah. I believe they are and have additional punishments as well. I can't believe the idiots had an electronic paper trail about screwing with the footballs. If Brady has damning emails/texts on his phone he is also an idiot. If I were engaging in subterfuge it would be verbal communication only. There's a reason people meet under bridges at midnight in the movies.

Pls show me where they had an electronic paper trail about deflating footballs in a game? If you are not going to read the report you are no better then the rest of the sheep in this country. One clue, When you read the report check the dates on the text messages.

Thanks for that, Bob. Now go take your 6 billion net worth, or whatever it is, and your power and your connections and set about destroying Roger Goodell's life and career.

But our Bob won't do that because he's a lamb, not a lion.
Its kind of beside the point I know, but do you -seriouly- think Bob Kraft got to be worth multiple billions of dollars by being a lamb? The world does not reward lambs that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back