PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Key JET RB out for season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ignore feature is perfect for times such as this.

everybody against the PATS was feeling great when Brady went down.

I am the bad guy?

for being like them?

In short; yes. Let's act like men here and not bring ourselves to their level.

Report: Leon Washington to miss season

Washington
Leon Washington will miss the season with a broken fibula, according to Mike Florio of profootballtalk.
Washington will undergo surgery in Oakland because the bone broke through his skin, raising fears for infection. It's a crushing loss for Washington, who has turned down competitive contract extension offers from the Jets. Broken bones usually don't mean long-term damage, though, and Washington is expected to recover in 12 weeks. Shonn Green will get more snaps and should be picked up in all available leagues. Oct. 25 - 7:34 pm et
Source: PFT on NBCSports

Just reading that makes me faint. Yikes

Broken bones heal, it's not a big deal. Why do you guys root against Mangini, him getting fired after this season will be more debilitating to his career than Washington's broken bone will be. Washington will be 100% by next year, if Mangini is fired he is done forever, most likely, as a HC. Go root for Mangini too.

not the same thing at all. one guy is playing hard for his team, the other used a personal issue to try and taint everything the pats had accomplished.

Broken bones heal, it's not a big deal. Why do you guys root against Mangini, him getting fired after this season will be more debilitating to his career than Washington's broken bone will be. Washington will be 100% by next year, if Mangini is fired he is done forever, most likely, as a HC. Go root for Mangini too.

Mangini is not the best example because unlike Washington Patriot fans have reasons to dislike him that transcend what occurs on the football field.

I don't pay much attention to other teams, but it's different to dislike a hypocritical snake of a coach and to applaud a genuinely talented and uncontroversial player's injury.

everybody forgets about this^^^^^^^^^
Oh, no, it was just too stupid to respond to. By your logic it would be okay for the Jews to massacre non-Jewish (whatever that means) Germans.

Last edited:
My point on Mangini is you're rooting against his ability to continue his livliehood at this level, sports is all about rooting for and against and football is a violent sport. When it comes to injuries that affect the lifetime well being of a person, I would never root for it even for my most hated player (that's you, Peyton). But for injuries that should heal, all best are off.

Apples, i'd like to introduce you to Oranges.

My only issue with Leon Washington is the team that pays him. Mangini set in motion a sh!tstorm for the sole purpose of making his former boss and friend look foolish in the eyes of the league.

Personally BF, I root against Mangini because Belichick was kind enough to give him an opportunity from the get go. Mangini was just a kid etc, Bill gave him all of life's opportunities as far as NFL jobs/coaching go.

It was the NYJ who pretty much started the whole 'filming' of the down/scheme thing IIRC. Mangini shouldn't be a head coach IMO, and I root against him and hope he's exposed everyday. And when he is, he'll most likely never be a Head coach again. The disrespect he showed when biting the hand that fed him will come back to haunt him.

I agree with some of the other posters who were shamed by the OP's comments, but I don't think it should be a 'big thing' either. Nothing more than a little bit of bad judgement. Even as a fan base, we represent this organization--and it should be with class.

In short; yes. Let's act like men here and not bring ourselves to their level.

In NY everybody I know loved it when Brady went down.......

you are clueless of the hatred of TFB

quit acting like you are some righteous super fan

****the bone through the skin part is nasty and I did not even pick up on that until some one made it bold.****

bad for Washington,I get on the edge when we play against Washington...probly see in a pat uniform when he is 30+

My point on Mangini is you're rooting against his ability to continue his livliehood at this level, sports is all about rooting for and against and football is a violent sport. When it comes to injuries that affect the lifetime well being of a person, I would never root for it even for my most hated player (that's you, Peyton). But for injuries that should heal, all best are off.
Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about whether or not Mangini gets paid. I can't speak for others. That said, the discrepancy between his decency and Leon's still skews the argument.

quit acting like you are some righteous super fan
It's not about being righteous; it's about not being a complete lowlife.

Last edited:
whatever... the JETS won the SUPERBOWL anyways. By their mindset he can be ready for next season.

That Jewish comparison was so OFF TARGET it did not even deserve a quote. Such a bad comparison and use of logic on your part.

Just remember how classy Peyton was when speaking of Tom's injury last year. There are much more hated players in this league than Peyton, but that's just my opinion. As much as he is our rival, he is an elite athlete, and often makes fun of himself, etc.

I'd much rather root against someone who shows zero class on/off the field, but that's just my opinion. I really don't see Peyton as a bad guy at all.

We do not celebrate season ending injuries to players here with smiley faces. This thread is being moved to the practice squad.

Although the Jets drive me crazy I generally like Leon Washington and enjoy watching him play the game. That is really too bad, and hope he has a quick recovery. I never wish injury upon anyone. It's easy to get caught up with the rivalries and talking smack. But at the end of the day it's just a game and these are real people. I don't get how people can celebrate other people's pain, but that's just me.

whatever... the JETS won the SUPERBOWL anyways. By their mindset he can be ready for next season.

That Jewish comparison was so OFF TARGET it did not even deserve a quote. Such a bad comparison and use of logic on your part.

It's not off target. It's an exaggerated analogy. Ease up on the baseless rhetoric.

And now I will flee the scene before the thread gets locked.

everybody against the PATS was feeling great when Brady went down.

I am the bad guy?

for being like them?

Yep, that's it in a nutshell.

If somebody else does something bad, that makes them bad. If you then do the same bad thing, it makes you bad. Pretty straightforward. And if you see somebody else do something bad, decide it makes them bad, then decide that doing the same thing would make you good, that makes you a little confused.

Guys, Leon Washington seems like a perfectly good human being and his leg bone is protruding through his skin. He's in unbelievable pain and the career he's worked his butt of for since he was a kid, with only a day-2 rookie contract to show for it, hangs by a thread. How can that be funny? The moaning of Jets fans may be amusing; the injury isn't.

It's about having the brainpower not to work yourself up into shameless glee over an injury suffered by a damn professional athlete.
I think a year ago when Brady got hurt proves that theres no brainpower in NFL fandom, if your statement is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes