PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Herron (PFF's 6th Worst Pass Blocker in NFL) Set to Protect Mac Jones' Blind Side

Pata offense sh-t the bed, OC can go interview starting Sunday now. still no semblance of even trying to use tight ends, 1 catch to Henry and none for Jonnu

Pata offense sh-t the bed, OC can go interview starting Sunday now. still no semblance of even trying to use tight ends, 1 catch to Henry and none for Jonnu
I think the D did the bigger of the sh-ts that is in the bed although the bed is quite sh-tty as ST also did a shi-t but possibly not as big as the other two sh-ts.

@DropKickFlutie we've discussed the O line alot recently. Curious to get your take...Herron was awful at RT early on....Last night at LT he was actually not bad...thought he did a decent job. Probably his natural position.

@DropKickFlutie we've discussed the O line alot recently. Curious to get your take...Herron was awful at RT early on....Last night at LT he was actually not bad...thought he did a decent job. Probably his natural position.
I just mentioned this in the post-game thread - agreed that Herron looked fine. He didn't look demonstrably worse than Wynn. I am curious if they can find a suitor for Wynn in a trade. Even if they only get a mid-round pick, they'd get almost $11M in cap space back.

I just mentioned this in the post-game thread - agreed that Herron looked fine. He didn't look demonstrably worse than Wynn. I am curious if they can find a suitor for Wynn in a trade. Even if they only get a mid-round pick, they'd get almost $11M in cap space back.
Yep Herron was not the issue last night

2022 could be (not saying I’m advocating) :
Herron-Karras-Andrews-Shaq-Onwenu
Herron-Onwenu-Andrews-Shaq-Brown
Wynn-Onwenu-Andrews-Shaq-Brown

But in the draft, if they go OT in the first round, it could also be a version of the above (depending on who goes/who stays) and a rookie. FA movement will be a factor.

Yep Herron was not the issue last night
Only on pass protection. On running plays he was disappointing. Our backs couldn’t even average 4.0 yards per carry.

This goes to poor coaching. One of the co-offensive line coaches—I believe the smarter of the two—was out this season for virus shot noncompliance.

The decision not to move Brown to LT and insert Onwenu at RT, where he would have been a serious man mover in the running game, needs to be asked if BB this off season.

And when the Eagles beat the Bucs today, you’ll all be hearing Jeff Stoutland’s name, the best in the business at Oline coaching now that Dante had retired.

Only on pass protection. On running plays he was disappointing. Our backs couldn’t even average 4.0 yards per carry.

This goes to poor coaching. One of the co-offensive line coaches—I believe the smarter of the two—was out this season for virus shot noncompliance.

If a player is not a good/exceptional run blocker because of his physical ability and skill set a coach can't make him one.
The decision not to move Brown to LT and insert Onwenu at RT, where he would have been a serious man mover in the running game, needs to be asked if BB this off season.

With the way Brown played last night (4 hurries and a sack allowed) that kills your assertion.

He is absolutely a Left-side and Not a Right-side lineman, with 3 seasons of starting experience at LT for Wake Forest, though some of his physical & athletic traits are barely LT-caliber... He should compete with Billy My Boy Sherman for the backup LT/LG job, if there's even a job like that available in camp, though Sherman might be better-off making the complete transition to backup Center, given his own underwhelming physical & athletic makeup.

He is absolutely a Left-side and Not a Right-side lineman, with 3 seasons of starting experience at LT for Wake Forest, though some of his physical & athletic traits are barely LT-caliber... He should compete with Billy My Boy Sherman for the backup LT/LG job, if there's even a job like that available in camp, though Sherman might be better-off making the complete transition to backup Center, given his own underwhelming physical & athletic makeup.
Thanks Captain.....would you be ok with a n O-line next year of Brown, Wynn, Andrews, Mason, Onwenu.....thoughts?

2022 could be (not saying I’m advocating) :
Herron-Karras-Andrews-Shaq-Onwenu
Herron-Onwenu-Andrews-Shaq-Brown
Wynn-Onwenu-Andrews-Shaq-Brown

But in the draft, if they go OT in the first round, it could also be a version of the above (depending on who goes/who stays) and a rookie. FA movement will be a factor.
I like some of your suggestions fern....I am hoping we keep Brown.....he is an all pro level RT....not sure about LT but I think he'd be fine and as Captain Stone mentioned, Herron might be a good candidate for a backup spot at LT.....I might also want to try Wynn at guard and see how he does during training camp...he is always highly ranked as a run blocker and that position may suit him better.

With the way Brown played last night (4 hurries and a sack allowed) that kills your assertion.
Yeah, what a come down from a couple of years ago when Trent Brown was awesome at LT. He had an awesome coach, too.

This year we had three poor coaches: ST, OL, and the coach’s son at DC.

If there is one position group that benefits the most from superior coaching—and we should know with the wonderful job Dante did—is the offensive line.

I look forward to Philly going against the tough Bucs front seven. But the Eagles OL is _very_ well coached.

Unlike the Patriots’ Oline in 2021. A lot of talent in that group, though, that fizzled in the end.

How many times did we run the ball against the Bills in the playoff game? Twenty times!

So why did useless Harry dress over Wilkerson, who can at least make catches?

This offense is a run first, play action squad. When they fall behind early, they get all outta sorts.

i would love to hear the logic of starting Herron over Owenu

There is no logic. Just like Cajuste / Durant starting 6 weeks and the team went 2-4.

Don't expect logic behind idiotic Patriot offense decisions

Thanks Captain.....would you be ok with a n O-line next year of Brown, Wynn, Andrews, Mason, Onwenu.....thoughts?

I would, though the egg Trent Brown laid last night didn't help his case much... and I don't know if I would offer him even the $9M he earned this past season... LG is Isaiah Wynn's natural pro position too, same as RT/RG is Onwenu's...

Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu really should've been the starting OL coming out of the bye week anyway.

I would, though the egg Trent Brown laid last night didn't help his case much... and I don't know if I would offer him even the $9M he earned this past season... LG is Isaiah Wynn's natural pro position too, same as RT/RG is Onwenu's...

Brown - Wynn - Andrews - Mason - Onwenu really should've been the starting OL coming out of the bye week anyway.
I don't think Brown was that bad last night...he had that one bad play where he gave up the sack but I think he was faked out by Mac spiking the ball.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back