PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just FYI The Border war is reborn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The tampering charge, Mangini Bellichick, ah great memories of the Tuna Bowls... The First Tuna Bowl, was one of the best games in the tickle me pete era, along with the Jax game and the Bledsoe broken finger games... But getting back to the point, its going to be a good game on Sunday, unless the Pats are too upset that Deion got all of his money....

Last edited:
I wish I could get excited about the new border war but uh.... those guys just stink.

Not exactly Vinny, Keyshawn, CuMar, Chrebret over there

RI Pats Fan said:
I wish I could get excited about the new border war but uh.... those guys just stink.

Not exactly Vinny, Keyshawn, CuMar, Chrebret over there

I'm going to be very Belichickian about this:

The Jets are 1-0.
The Pats are 1-0.
They played a 'bad team' and won by 7.
The Pats played a 'bad team' and won by 2.

This is a division game. It's by far the biggest game to this point in the season.
:D

Bring on the border war because I hate the Jets and their fans more than any other team !:violent:

I know this situation (like pretty much all situations) has not been explained to the public. But in the end I think we all knew DB has not going to be a Patriot this year. The main surprise to me was this tampering charge. Does anyone know what exactly the Jets are being charged with? Were they discussion deals with DB before permission was giving or was the rumors true that they offered DB a deal just as a favor to his agent?

You can ignore my post just above this one. I did not see an article that explained the situation until I saw the article by Reiss. Once again he has the most detailed information about the situation the Patriots are in. Nice job

Tampering charges against jets??

Patriots | Update on tampering charges against the Jets
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 23:53:27 -0700

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports the New England Patriots have filed tampering charges against the New York Jets. The Patriots say they allowed the Jets to negotiate a contract with WR Deion Branch, but any trade talks were to be solely between the teams. The Patriots claim their negotiating position was compromised once Branch's representatives became involved in the trade talks.

Interesting per KFFL....

Re: Tampering charges against jets??

NOW it becomes interesting.......

If the pats win this, what kind of "compensation" do we get and/or the jets punished??? Can we take more of thier draft picks?:D

mtbykr said:
If the pats win this, what kind of "compensation" do we get and/or the jets punished??? Can we take more of thier draft picks?:D

How quickly can Laverneous Coles learn our offense?

Big_Os_Hometown said:
I guess that Mangini Belichek friendship thing is on the rocks
I was wondering about that myself, but I tend to think that they look at this is just another move in a chess game between old friends. Besides Mangini is not the GM of the Jets - it's not clear if he was directly involved in the negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye