PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets wish to speak to BC's Jags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Globe reports that BC's head coach Jeff Jagodzinski is the latest apple of Tannenbaum's eye. Jags is denying the report but that could be due to recruiting season.

However, Mort reports that BC would fire Jags if he so much as interviews for the position.

LINK to Mort.

Last edited:
Duplicate link.. sorry Bradford..

I'm not up on my college rules, but why would BC fire this guy? He's done a good job the two years he's been at BC. I guess if you're under contract you're not allowed to interview for another job? If that's the case, why are the Jets even talking to him? I read that he used to be a TE coach in the NFL before going to BC.

Last edited:
" Obviously, until the Jets do hire a new coach, rumors will continue to surface and Jagodzinski, who has seven years of NFL pedigree, including a year as the Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator in 2006 with former Packer and current Jet QB Bret Favre), could find his name involved in other openings as well. "

LOL one more year for Brett?

ESPN - Sources: Interview with New York Jets could cost Boston College Eagles coach Jeff Jagodzinski job

I'm not up on my college rules, but why would BC fire this guy? He's done a good job the two years he's been at BC. I guess if you're under contract you're not allowed to interview for another job? If that's the case, why are the Jets even talking to him? I read that he used to be a TE coach in the NFL before going to BC.

I do not believe there is a rule about college coaches interviewing when under contract. I am no BC fan by any stretch but there is no reason for DeFillipo to threaten to fire him. If Jags interviews tomorrow and he isn't fired, it totally destroys DeFillipo's credibility. If he does fire him, who would want to work for someone who won't let their coach look to improve himself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News