PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets fans under some sort of illusion about Woodhead divulging all their secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Pats cheated. They went home after the Detroit game, worked (more) on their early season weakness - finishing out games - and Tom Brady cheated by not collapsing into a self-pitying Manning-equin because the Jets beat him early in the season. Those devious bastards cheated and looked at the film of Randy Moss becoming a non-factor, then looked at the future film with Earnie Adams' top-secret (and highly illegal) chrono-camera. And then they forced the Jets to put Woodhead on waivers, then using the chrono-camera, picked him up weeks ago just in preparation for this game. Also, they installed servo-motors in his arms and legs to make him actually worthy of a roster spot, because as everybody knows picking up Lady Tom, Braylon Edwards, and Santonio Holmes is the only formula for success.

Since the JEST had been annointed the off-season super bowl champs, anyone that embarasses them on national TV must be cheating.

It's amazing how Woodhead contained in his clever little melon all the expertise Rex Ryan has accumulated in his coaching career, yet Eric Mangini, the defensive coordinator, could not bring the JEST a similar advantage.

Just when I thought this epic fail of a game would occasion pity for our would-be rivals, they raise douchebaggery to a new level, giving me a whole new reason to hate the Jets.

Here's a boldish prediction: a late-season collapse for the suddenly grounded JEST, as they revert to the mean of their actual play, and don't win every game with a last-seconds hail mary. Filthy Sanchez won a few games that way on fumes and confidence. Let's see how he weathers the utter deflation of that confidence bubble. I may be wrong, but something tells me they bounce up and down and limp backpeddling into the playoffs.

Hey JEST fans, here's an idea: If you lose, shut up and hope your team adjusts. The JEST staff might want to think about that too. They're not playing as big as the NY Hype Machine says. I dunno which is worse, the Colts Fans' pre-scuses or the JEST-fans ex-post-facto conspiracy theories.

Green is the color of envy.

PFnV

Jets fans are in the denial stage at this point. This is really nothing new for them.

When the team melts down and they lose the next few games, they'll move past denial into acceptance.

Was woodhead's knowledge of the jets what what caused a 42 point obliteration, nah, but heres what i think.

Trent Dilfer said soon after the game that this was the perfect storm for the patriots and i completely agree with him.

Bye, Home, Belichick, Brady, Division Rival, Revenge, Monday.

Make no mistake, the jets are a good team, but even if they were down by 28, the patriots wouldent quit like the jets quit in that game, they were half-assing all their coverage and tackles and it just made it easier to steamroll them. they were so shellshocked that they lost their will to play, and it seemed like the patriots were FEASTING OFF THE DOMINATION.

any time you put that much time into a game and get that kind of result, your team gets strong, closer and works harder.

This is a young team and victories like this are really going to shape the way they prepare and play for the rest of their careers. all belichick has to do is say 'see what just happened'?

Players scoring touchdowns, the fans going berserk, players celebrating with each other on the sidelines before going back into the game and continuing to play for 60 minutes, Even has belichick was yelling at them to continue to play you could see players faces, they were excited because they couldent wait to get back out there, this was probably the most fun they have had all season, and it was all due to preparation.

This team has gone through alot this year. overtime wins, trap game losses, Road blowout wins, close home wins ending on one play and finally, home blowout wins against your biggest rival, it has set the tone for this team, every win is a lesson, every loss is a lesson. every week is a new test and this young team has passed every one of them.

With this strong, smart, close, confident team headed down the stretch, headed for the playoffs, regardless of what happens this team has a draft coming up which should put the final polish on a team which is already stacked with talent.

Fred however is one of the fortunate few that has flown right past all of that already, to fifth stage of grief: acceptance. As PatsLancer27 suggested, don't fight it; just come to the light, everything will be okay . . .

You know I can't do that. Someday the Jets will win, and my grandkids will drop off a banner on my grave like you guys did for your parents and grandparents who never saw the Sox win. That is how I'll celebrate a Jets Super Bowl, as worm food.

Sigh

ps I'm only in my 30's, no grandkids yet.....

Last edited:
I think they have a point. We all know that Woodhead's knowledge was a 42 point difference.

/sarcasm

Jet Fans = Idiots

More than a 42 point difference. We went from losing by 14 to winning by 42, so apparently Woodhead's superior knowledge of the Jets gameplan resulted in a 56 point turnaround.

Of course, the fact that he doesn't play defense pretty much makes this whole thing stupid. That Jets D was a bigger reason they lost than their O. In a closer game, their offense wouldn't have had to play so out of character.

Was woodhead's knowledge of the jets what what caused a 42 point obliteration, nah, but heres what i think.

Trent Dilfer said soon after the game that this was the perfect storm for the patriots and i completely agree with him.

Bye, Home, Belichick, Brady, Division Rival, Revenge, Monday.

Make no mistake, the jets are a good team, but even if they were down by 28, the patriots wouldent quit like the jets quit in that game, they were half-assing all their coverage and tackles and it just made it easier to steamroll them. they were so shellshocked that they lost their will to play, and it seemed like the patriots were FEASTING OFF THE DOMINATION.

any time you put that much time into a game and get that kind of result, your team gets strong, closer and works harder.

This is a young team and victories like this are really going to shape the way they prepare and play for the rest of their careers. all belichick has to do is say 'see what just happened'?

Players scoring touchdowns, the fans going berserk, players celebrating with each other on the sidelines before going back into the game and continuing to play for 60 minutes, Even has belichick was yelling at them to continue to play you could see players faces, they were excited because they couldent wait to get back out there, this was probably the most fun they have had all season, and it was all due to preparation.

This team has gone through alot this year. overtime wins, trap game losses, Road blowout wins, close home wins ending on one play and finally, home blowout wins against your biggest rival, it has set the tone for this team, every win is a lesson, every loss is a lesson. every week is a new test and this young team has passed every one of them.

With this strong, smart, close, confident team headed down the stretch, headed for the playoffs, regardless of what happens this team has a draft coming up which should put the final polish on a team which is already stacked with talent.

dilfer forgot one thing and it's right under his nose. tedy day.

Whatever. There have been so many guys who have jumped back and forth between these two teams since the Parcells era you couldn't count them all. Why would Woodhead be the difference? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News