Jerry Azumah to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Bears | Azumah will retire
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:15:50 -0800

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears CB Jerry Azumah will be retiring because of an arthritic hip condition that flared in training camp and cost him the best part of his 2005 season. As noted earlier, the Bears will hold a news conference Thursday, March 23, to announce Azumah's plans.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
Bears | Azumah will retire
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:15:50 -0800

John Mullin, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears CB Jerry Azumah will be retiring because of an arthritic hip condition that flared in training camp and cost him the best part of his 2005 season. As noted earlier, the Bears will hold a news conference Thursday, March 23, to announce Azumah's plans.

That sucks. He's a good kid. Best player ever from UNH or Worcester, which isn't saying much, I know.

bad news
i always liked the guy
as my dad is a unh alumn

also was kinda hoping the pats would go after him, cuz not only does he play cb, but he can return kicks too

patsfan55 said:
bad news
i always liked the guy
as my dad is a unh alumn

also was kinda hoping the pats would go after him, cuz not only does he play cb, but he can return kicks too
Ditto. That's really too bad. Working at UNH, I used to see him at games and in the gym. Amazing athlete. I was always disappointed the Bears never gave him a shot at RB, although he did transition into a pretty good CB. I was really hoping the Patriots would sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes