PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerrah and Rex. You KNOW It has To Happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys underate Ryan, I personally think he's a fantastic schemer. He's pretty poor on the sidelines/managing timeouts, etc. etc. though.

I mean, during the BB/Brady era, I'd say he's been one of the few AFC East coaches who actually could be a problem. As much I hate to say it, he flat out out-coached Belichick in the 2010 playoff game and on paper there was NO WAY the Jets should have ever beat that 14-2 Patriots team. Rex's gameplan for that was brilliant.

Woody Johnson is the TRUE clown in New York. The root of all their problems leads to him really. I doubt many coaches would be able to salvage the joke of a roster that is the 2014 Jets. I could easily see Ryan becoming the head coach of the Falcons and having success.

Given that Jones fired Rex's brother, doesn't seem likely. But it sure would be entertaining.
Bring them both to Dallas. THAT would be fun.

If things don't turn around in Chicago, Rex already has the uniform

ditka-in-sweater-268x150.jpg

When Romo went down in their game to Washington, Jerry Jones told Jason Garrett that Romo was OK and would be back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-tell-jason-garrett-that-tony-romo-was-ok/

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...rry-jones-demand-tony-romo-return-back-injury

Why does this infuriate me? It's the textbook example of a meddling owner ruining a team on national TV. :mad: Even if the owner is not telling the HC to go back into the game and risk a season-ending injury (al la RG3 couple of years ago), perception is reality. And the owner is the GM, choosing the HC's assistants among other things. While I expect an owner to be somewhat involved since it's his money, no NFL owner is more involved in football matters than Jerry Jones. By a long shot. They won't be in the SB or the NFC Championship.

For the life of me how can this 72-year old owner be so proud, yet makes a fool out of himself daily pandering for attention like a 2 year old? Part of it is 20 years later he's not gotten over his football divorce with Jimmy Johnson in a way that telegraphs to the world he's a football idiot like Jimmy said (long interesting article on this > http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/devil-and-mr-jones ) If Jerry thinks winning a SB is going to get people to forget many years of failure, he's wrong. From 1997-2013, Cowboys have won two playoffs and .500....Patriots won 3 SBs, Packers/Steelers/Ravens/Broncos/Giants won 2 SBs, Bucs, Rams, Seahawks, Colts won a SB. Matt Millen was fired as GM in 8 years - this is 17 years.

Jerry at this point should consider his tombstone will become Texas' favorite urinal. For buying the team that was most like the New England Patriots in the past and ruining it. I did not leave my team - my team left me. The kind of worship this owner seems to crave is only exceeded by North Korean dictators and about as absurd. That idiotic homers will even passively defend Jerry to the extent to suggest Jimmy Johnson was a puppet HC was the last straw.

Please pardon my rant - I just can't stand this guy.

When Romo went down in their game to Washington, Jerry Jones told Jason Garrett that Romo was OK and would be back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-to-tell-jason-garrett-that-tony-romo-was-ok/

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...rry-jones-demand-tony-romo-return-back-injury

Why does this infuriate me? It's the textbook example of a meddling owner ruining a team on national TV. :mad: Even if the owner is not telling the HC to go back into the game and risk a season-ending injury (al la RG3 couple of years ago), perception is reality. And the owner is the GM, choosing the HC's assistants among other things. While I expect an owner to be somewhat involved since it's his money, no NFL owner is more involved in football matters than Jerry Jones. By a long shot. They won't be in the SB or the NFC Championship.

For the life of me how can this 72-year old owner be so proud, yet makes a fool out of himself daily pandering for attention like a 2 year old? Part of it is 20 years later he's not gotten over his football divorce with Jimmy Johnson in a way that telegraphs to the world he's a football idiot like Jimmy said (long interesting article on this > http://www.texasmonthly.com/story/devil-and-mr-jones ) If Jerry thinks winning a SB is going to get people to forget many years of failure, he's wrong. From 1997-2013, Cowboys have won two playoffs and .500....Patriots won 3 SBs, Packers/Steelers/Ravens/Broncos/Giants won 2 SBs, Bucs, Rams, Seahawks, Colts won a SB. Matt Millen was fired as GM in 8 years - this is 17 years.

Jerry at this point should consider his tombstone will become Texas' favorite urinal. For buying the team that was most like the New England Patriots in the past and ruining it. I did not leave my team - my team left me. The kind of worship this owner seems to crave is only exceeded by North Korean dictators and about as absurd. That idiotic homers will even passively defend Jerry to the extent to suggest Jimmy Johnson was a puppet HC was the last straw.

Please pardon my rant - I just can't stand this guy.

I would imagine that most CBoy fans feel the same way. They can't wait for the day that Stephen Jones takes over the team. Jerry has set the team back many years.

That said, they are much more competitive with a real OL and a dedication to running the ball, but I'm mostly impressed by their defense this year. It has been significantly better, particularly without a real secondary and a lot of injured players (Lee, Durant, Spencer, Claiborne, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST