PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jermaine Cunningham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly noticed Cunningham getting pressure on the QB last night. The kid is continuing to grow. With him and TBC, I think the Pats can at least accelerate the opposing QB's window to throw. That's what we want, less time to make decisions and thus poorer throws. Last night the Pats defense put together their most complete game of the season so far. I'm really proud of how far they've come. The defense was feeding the offense and the offense was vindicating the D by scoring. There was some great synergy in action there. When this team puts together a complete game they can dismantle even very good teams like the Jets and make them look out of their league.

BTW. A perfect example of why sacks don't necessarily matter is the first sack that Ihedigbo got on Brady.. Brady came right back and threw that 19 yard strike to Deion and then followed up on it with another strike to Deion that became a TD thanks to Deion's good running.

What I liked most about that play was that Brady PROTECTED the football. If you watched the Steelers game, on that same type of hit, Flacco fumbled the football and allowed the Steelers to recover the ball for a game-winning TD. Brady's pocket awareness is so supreme and he knows when not to try to do too much with the football and when to protect it. Of course Brady going out and getting back to work the very next play also shows what a special QB he is. Brady put together one of his best performances I've ever seen last night. Brady for MVP this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back