PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there any team in the AFC that has a chance for a bye besides Indy and NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Tennessee is the 2nd best team in that division and Vince Young is a beast at QB - No doubt.

Tennessee is so under rated, it's a joke. I find that ironic since I think Vince is the most over rated player in the NFL (now that Vick is toast.)

18 starts, 19 INTs, 15 fumbles and just a 54.6 completion %. I know he runs well and always comes up big in the end, but his defense puts him in that position by their stellar play week in and week out. Not to mention Pacman Jones' 4 TDs last year.

Any one else think Keith Bullock is one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL?

Ah, I see. It was tough for me to follow the game, my buddy just moved into a new house and we didn't have sound. Which might have been a good thing because of how deafening it is to listen to Kornholer.

Thanks for the update. As I said, Grey should be able to keep the ship afloat in Garrard's absence.

I still think Baltimore has an overall better D than Jacksonville and always seems to play better as winter rolls around

Both Baltimore and Jacksonville are similar type teams,Both with great defenses but both teams have good backs in McGahee and Taylor/Drew but both teams with no really decent QB and less than average receiving corps with the exception of Baltimore's Heap who I think is one of the NFLs best TEs...I think Baltimore will earn a spot over Jax as either a Wild Card or even the North if Pitt slips up.

Last edited:
Tennessee is so under rated, it's a joke. I find that ironic since I think Vince is the most over rated player in the NFL (now that Vick is toast.)

18 starts, 19 INTs, 15 fumbles and just a 54.6 completion %. I know he runs well and always comes up big in the end, but his defense puts him in that position by their stellar play week in and week out. Not to mention Pacman Jones' 4 TDs last year.

Any one else think Keith Bullock is one of the top 5 linebackers in the NFL?

I think despite what worthless stats there are against Young you take Vince Young out of starting QB on the Titans team and you have a 4-12 team

What he does on the field in terms of leadership cannot be found in the stats,In his second year at this time he continues to show that last years last 8 games were no fluke and he is the next star QB on the rise.

I am not saying he is going to be another HOFer but if you check Peyton's stats he was not exactly a world beater in his first year as starting QB either.

Also look at the crap Vince Young has to throw to and you see why his stats are not so top notch,His best receiver which probably is David Givens cannot get on the field.

Still he wins games ...and thats the bottom line in the NFL

I still think Baltimore has an overall better D than Jacksonville and always seems to play better as winter rolls around

Both Baltimore and Jacksonville are similar type teams,Both with great defenses but both teams have good backs in McGahee and Taylor/Drew but both teams with no really decent QB and less than average receiving corps with the exception of Baltimore's Heap who I think is one of the NFLs best TEs...I think Baltimore will earn a spot over Jax as either a Wild Card or even the North if Pitt slips up.

That's an accurate assesment but I think the slight decline and injury riddled defense will ultimately bite the Ravens in the ass. I trust the Jacksonville offense a little more and the I'll take the Jacksonville defense as well. As I said, you were basically spot on with your evaluation, I just see slightly differnet results. The Ravens will be one of the teams that suffers from being in the Varsity conference and their 9-7 finish will leave them on the oustide looking in.

I think despite what worthless stats there are against Young you take Vince Young out of starting QB on the Titans team and you have a 4-12 team

What he does on the field in terms of leadership cannot be found in the stats,In his second year at this time he continues to show that last years last 8 games were no fluke and he is the next star QB on the rise.

I am not saying he is going to be another HOFer but if you check Peyton's stats he was not exactly a world beater in his first year as starting QB either.

Also look at the crap Vince Young has to throw to and you see why his stats are not so top notch,His best receiver which probably is David Givens cannot get on the field.

Still he wins games ...and thats the bottom line in the NFL

Man, I don't know. When Vince went down, the offense wasn't doing much then all of a sudder they role up nearly 40 on the Texans with Collins.

His receivers are a joke, I'll give you that, but it goes to show you what a solid defense and good line does for you.

I happen to think the Titans win inspite of Vince Young, not because of him.

Man, I don't know. When Vince went down, the offense wasn't doing much then all of a sudder they role up nearly 40 on the Texans with Collins.

His receivers are a joke, I'll give you that, but it goes to show you what a solid defense and good line does for you.

I don't think fans in Tennessee are missing Billy Volek right now,It could be worse than having Young.

Ya know, Garcia is kinda gay, Duran Duran, the word suck... DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT!?!?!

Well if Garcia is gay or not he is one hell of a QB at his age.

As far as Duran Duran goes I am not sure about them,I am a 70s hard rock type of guy,Not that 80s stuff too much.

In my 30 years of watching the NFL at just week 7 I think this season there is a forgone conclusion that the AFC #1 and #2 byes/seeds are already set in stone...

Its Indy #1 and NE #2 OR NE #1 and Indy #2

Does anyone in this forum see any possibility this won't be the case?

I have looked at this conference deeply and other than a catastrophic injury to either teams starting QB IMO there is NO chance both NE and Indy won't be sitting at home a week in late January waiting for thier next weeks divisional round opponent.

Anyone dissagree? and if so who is the challenger with any realistic chance of sending NE or Indy to the Wild Card round?
no........................

i think vince sucks as a 'qb' due to accuracy issues but i think he would have done better vs the texans than fgs, call me crazy.

They really need to move INDY to the NFC so this isn't so ******ed.

That is, of course, where they came from.

Also the Steelers and Browns (now Ravens).

While it's possible the Pats or Colts could screw up and play themselves out of a bye somehow, the odds are against it.

Accordingly, Pittsburgh and San Diego are telling their players to not make any appointments or travel plans for wild card weekend. Meanwhile, in the NFC, most teams are still playing like it's preseason. I figure Dallas and NY advance out of the NFC East, a tight and confused race for three playoff spots between the NFC North and South, and the NFC West will go to whoever sucks least when the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes