PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the worst you felt in the 9 times Pats were 4 and 0?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Least confident you felt with 4 and 0 start?

Votes: 6 13.3%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 4 8.9%

Votes: 10 22.2%

Votes: 1 2.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 16 35.6%

Votes: 2 4.4%

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t really feel anything either way back in 64 and 74.

I didn’t exist yet.

Note on 1997: While 4-0 felt great, the real test was week 5 vs. Denver. Failed that miserably...as usual back then.

Regards,
Chris
I remember that game. Such a big buildup during the week; Bledsoe versus Elway, Martin versus Davis. Though both Martin and Davis both ended up in the Hall of Fame, Davis completely dominated with 171 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns. Martin had 66 yards and no TDs. Close game in the first half, but New England may just as well have stayed in the locker room at the end of halftime, the way they played in the third and fourth quarters.

I remember that game. Such a big buildup during the week; Bledsoe versus Elway, Martin versus Davis. Though both Martin and Davis both ended up in the Hall of Fame, Davis completely dominated with 171 yards rushing and 2 touchdowns. Martin had 66 yards and no TDs. Close game in the first half, but New England may just as well have stayed in the locker room at the end of halftime, the way they played in the third and fourth quarters.
Forget it, Jake. It's Elwaytown.

Regards,
Chris

Ray Lewis killed a guy.

1997 - thought we were a wagon, were going to repeat as AFC Champs, and Bledsoe was on his way to MVP
They looked like a Super Bowl contending team....as long as they avoided the Broncos. But who knew they’d lose to the Steelers twice?

1999- We collapsed badly after 6-2 first half.
With the Broncos out of the way and Testaverde going down week 1, this was supposed to be their year to get back to the Super Bowl. However, nobody saw Indy come out of the gates like they did in their own division. Titans and Jags were beasts. Because their running game stunk and they had an aging D, I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Then the MNF game happened and teams kept attacking Bledsoe like BB did.

2004 -I was very confident at 4-0, 19 game winning streak at that time.
I thought they’d win the Super Bowl.

2007 - Nuff said

2013 - Felt like were going all the way
I didn’t think they’d beat Denver. Maybe if it was at Gillette.

2015 - They seemed like a wagon at 4-0 (that did not end well)
I thought they’d win the Super Bowl. Injuries and bad management by BB caused them to lose the #1 seed that was handed to them.

Last edited:
This is the most worstest evah !

except its not

but otherwise it is.

They looked like a Super Bowl contending team....as long as they avoided the Broncos. But who knew they’d lose to the Steelers twice?

With the Broncos out of the way and Testaverde going down week 1, this was supposed to be their year to get back to the Super Bowl. However, nobody saw Indy come out of the gates like they did in their own division. Titans and Jags were beasts. Because their running game stunk and they had an aging D, I had a feeling it was too good to be true. Then the MNF game happened and teams kept attacking Bledsoe like BB did.

I didn’t think they’d beat Denver. Maybe if it was at Gillette.

I thought they’d win the Super Bowl. Injuries and bad management by BB caused them to lose the #1 seed that was handed to them.

They win in gillette and more with the cold weather. I think the weather that sunday in Gillette was brutal compared to playing in Denver where it has been a house of horrors and that crowd had an effect when it came to our linemen. That noodle arm in cold weather.

4-0 felt great
We came real close a few times in the Sixties. In the AFL, it was win the division or bust.

'64 was the Fenway snow showdown with the Bills the last week, with players clearing snow as the TV broadcast began.

Original Pats head coach Lou Saban lived to beat us ever since Billy fired him, and he not only led the Bills to AFL titles, interestingly, it was that '74 season that he & his Bills personally ruined for us, beating the Pats in both games by a total of three points within two weeks (with the Bob Windsor game in Minny in between).

Today in Pro Football History: 1964: Bills Defeat Patriots in Showdown for AFL Eastern Division Title

Interestingly, Nick Saban had some success against us (& Tom) too

Tom Brady doesn’t own a winning record against Nick Saban-coached teams

I think people are overreacting to one non-blowout game.

This team lost 2 games by this point last year, and I seem to remember that ending well.

……………….
giphy.gif

Probably the MOST confident I have felt in a long time. We have a Top 5 Defense to pair with TB.

Even when our Offense flat out Stinks we can still win

Brady nursing and managing the calf according to Mangini and Chris Carter

Sucks we have to settle for the #1 defense through 4 weeks.

I cant stand it!

Feel great about what they've accomplished so far. Yesterday was a very solid win.
Biggest concern to me with this team is depth/injuries at WR, OL and TE. To me that is about the only thing that could stop them from the AFCCG.
No O my worry

1964 - don't remember
1974 - can't totally remember being 4-0
1997 - thought we were a wagon, were going to repeat as AFC Champs, and Bledsoe was on his way to MVP
1999- We collapsed badly after 6-2 first half.
2004 -I was very confident at 4-0, 19 game winning streak at that time.
2007 - Nuff said
2013 - Felt like were going all the way
2015 - They seemed like a wagon at 4-0 (that did not end well)
2019 - ???

Just some food for thought

Pats schedule so far
Steelers 0-3
Dolphins 0-4
Jets 0-3
Bills 3-1
Redskins 0-4

We’re about to play our 4th team without a win in week 5. Our d looks great, but our competition is basically the minor leagues right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back